AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspension - untrustworthy promotions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tearing hair out! Client's adwords account has been suspended for untrustworthy promotions. He was trying to set up the campaign himself and I see there are a number of removed ads with what I assume was the example data he was editing which show various domains eg <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> which is nothing to do with him. Three ads that were previously approved have now been disapproved.

His domain name differs from the company name - surely this is a common occurrence? It is a generic phrase for his industry but his ads all contained the domain name as both destination and display url and not his company name. Is this the reason for being deemed untrustworthy? There's no redirect. So basically the url says x and takes you to x but the company name on the page shows y.

The report included in the email says:

Your ad has been disapproved because it leads to "phishing" for the users' information or is promoting other scams.

Any help / advice gratefully received.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to a URL which had the potential to put other Community members at risk.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspension - untrustworthy promotions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Untrustworthy means that Google has found the business model fundamentally unreliable.

It is not a  technical violation, it's a serious one, which applies   to the fundamentals of the business.

I doubt that the Google will reinstate the account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Further investigation regarding the ads that the client insists he didn't set up suggest that the account was somehow hacked. Identical titles link to all sorts of different domains which are nothing to do with the ad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can fill in this form and explain what happens;

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

As I explained, untrustworthy suspension is due to a  business model.  Ads disapproval is a  technical  violation - not a business model violation.  Thus, my assumption chances are slim, but you could try.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. I've investigated further and the false ads which had
been removed a couple of weeks back I thought were the result of dummy data
are the result of the account being hacked. Several ads are identical
(advertising adwords ironically!) all with different underlying links some
of which go to attack sites. So I've now sent another request so hoping
this will result in the ban being lifted.

Thanks again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would be grateful if someone can advise me how to proceed. I managed to speak to someone extremely helpful (Adam) on the adwords team in Dublin who went through the account and agreed that the account had been hacked as he could see all the rogue ads linking to dodgy sites - none of which belong to the client and assusred me that it was a matter of the team reviewing and cleaning the account which would take a few days. In the meantime they were to take a number of steps to secure the account which were done. I have just received and email from him saying:
"After escalating the matter, I was informed that no further steps could be taken.
You will need to fill in the appeal form and wait to be contacted by our policy team.
Unfortunately, I have no control of this going forward."

How can I get this resolved? I have filled in several appeal forms but all just generate a standard 'your account is suspended' response.