AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended without warning after using Adwords for three days.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using Adwords for three days and was fooling around with the interface, trying to get a hang for how it works.

Today, I got suspended without warning. I called support in two countries but no one was able to help me.

This must be some sort of misunderstanding. I never intended to break any rules, and now I am suspended before I was able to even really get started.

Please help me.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended without warning after using Adwords for three days.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jnichols; welcome;

Please share with us your website URL.

What message did you get from Google?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Suspended without warning after using Adwords for three days.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jnichols,

I'm in exactly the same situation. I was just playing with the interface and suddenly I received a ban without warning. Google doesn't seem to understand that they have created a flawed system that brands innocent people as adwords criminals. In legal terms, it's a form of entrapment. A user thinks that they inherently won't be breaking Google's advertising policies because there's an approval system that won't let unapproved ads get through. So you play with the system to see how it works, then Google, without warning, bans you for seeming to have the intention to scam. It's very sinister, very Kafkaesque. What is your URL? Mine is www.chunkichilli.com.

I'm also a journalist and I'm writing an article about this. If anyone else has an example of an obviously innocent advertiser who received an unjust Adwords ban, please contact me at bounceologist [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks for your response. I received the most generic res...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response. I received the most generic response ever, which makes it even more frustrating:

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

I don't have a website URL yet. When I created an ad, I entered some urls that didn't lead to any page. Like I said, I was just fooling around with the interface.

Re: Thanks for your response. I received the most generic res...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Me too. Can you contact me at bounceologist[at]gmail[dot]com. I'm writing an article about this.