AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended site - but I dont advertise on Google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure how to address this but I have received an email from Google saying my site is about to be suspended for failing to abide by Googles rules for Adwords - but I dont advertise on Google?  I do manage a couple of accounts for clients, but none of them are active either.  In fact I havent used any of the Google products in about 6 months?  The thing is the URL in question is my own personal site (not one of my 2 client sites) - which I havent advertised in at least 2 years or maybe more. Any ideas what is going on?  Happy to provide more info if needed.   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended site - but I dont advertise on Google?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

This is interesting....

An Adwords account that is linked to your email was suspended, This is the reason for the emailed received.

Since you cannot find which account is the one question, I would suggest that you would contact your local google CS

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI MosheTV thanks for answering.  When I log in to my Client Center for Adwords I see 2 accounts there, which are the 2 client accounts I have access to for oversight.  Neither of them are active however, all ads are paused and have been for some time.  Is it possible for me to be connected to another account but it not show up in the Client Center?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi David,

You would have used a different email address for your MCC login and your own AdWords account login as they are 2 separate accounts. It's worth checking your own account and seeing what might be wrong.

Google do review paused ads so there may be something in the past you were advertising that is now causing this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying purefuzz, and I do recall having issues setting up my MCC account as I use google Apps and there was an existing adwords account with my email address that I had set up a while ago.  This is going back about 3 years though.  This is the text of the first email I received from Google.

"If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account and URL:

Customer ID: 107-336-8078
     Display URL: redfez.com.au

The name of the policy is: Spam techniques
     More information about this policy, including how to correct problems: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en_AU&topic=1310879&guide=1308243&page=guid..."

I looked through the definition of Spam as they indicated, but I don't participate in any of those activities.  Nor am I promoting the site with Adwords.  I have no active ads on any account I can see and as far as I am aware neither are my clients.  (I have emailed them to clarify though)

DJ

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

When did you receive this email ? - Was that 3 years ago? or just recently?...

I am asking because Google usually does not disclose the Policy section violated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No this is all within the last few days, very recent.  I am MORE surprised to get this email today saying that the situation has been re-reviewed and the site is not breaking any rules?

----

"Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies:

Customer ID: 107-336-8078
Display URL: redfez.com.au

If any of your ads for this site have been disapproved for violations of our Advertising Policies, you can just re-save your ads to automatically submit them for approval. Here's how to edit and resubmit ads for approval: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/116204?hl=en_AU&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_camp....

----

All very strange.  I have no idea what happened, I didnt change anything and I havent corresponded with Google (aside from this forum that is).  I am very glad it is resolved, but clueless as to what actually happened.  Hoping this is of some value to anyone else that experiences this.  

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

My view - your site violates the Policy, and it is just a matter of time until suspended again;

My recommendation - fix it;

This is how I see it...It's up to you...