AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended for violation of ad policies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just opened my account on Wednesday. Within an hour I received an email stating that I was being contacted again about violations of Google's advertising policies and that my account was at risk of being suspended. There was no explanation as to what, exactly I had done, or what was wrong with my website. I went to the site and still couldn't find a notice that said there was a problem.

Finally, this morning, I received another email telling me that my account was suspended. The reason given is violation of the bridge page policy. Yes, I have a page that directs people to other sites. However, these sites are how I make my money. A person clicks on the site name and lands on the site under my referral link. If they sign up to participate in offers, on the site, then I receive an email from the site informing me that they have signed up. Then, I will look up their email, from their registration info, and send them an email telling them how to complete the site. When they have fulfilled the site's requirements I will pay them. For example, if they do a site valued at $60, I will pay them $40.

The links, to the sites, are how I drive my potential customers to where the money is made. They can see for themselves that no one is scamming them and they only need to spend a small amount of money to make the Prize. They also get to keep the items they purchase from the website. I also have written a lot of text, in the pages before the one they are complaining about, explaining what Freebie Training is and how it works. I feel this takes care of the requirement to explain what the sites are and how they are unique.

Can anyone tell me if they've had this problem before, or maybe have a better understanding of the policies of this company.

Sincerely,

Susan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended for violation of ad policies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,
This is EXACTLY the type of website that Google doesn't want advertisers advertising. You are a perfect example of what this policy was brought in for.

Just because you make money from it, doesn't mean that Google should allow it.

The way Google thinks (you know what I mean) is that to be a good search engine, it's customers (searchers) should be able to find what they're looking for in as few clicks as possible. If there's a page being inserted between what the customer is looking for and the customer, that's a bad user experience.

While you feel you are providing additional value, and I'm sure you are, Google does not see it like that.

Have a read of this: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this policy (unless you're ask.com) and you're not going to be able to advertise your site on AdWords at all. I know it's frustrating but those are the rules I'm afraid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In other words, I need to make money in a business that Google approves of. I feel the best approach here is to ask GoDaddy to allow me to use the $100.00 advertising bonus, I was given to use at Google, and allow me to use it at Bing. They had no problem with my website. My work on that site was all done with nothing but my customers in mind. I am sharing an opportunity to earn an extra income, from home, with out the unreal investment required by many of these companies and individuals. I am offering my experience and training for free. I do not even require that anyone trade with me. I simply offer them my knowledge to use to make the extra income.

Thank you for your input but, I have read the policies and my whole website is about the sites located on that page. How can I add anything further to describe the function of the IFWs and what makes them unique? I make them unique. My promotion, of them, and by referring the people, who visit my site, to those sites, I am giving them an opportunity to see that for themselves, as compared to taking my word for it. I just can't jump through any more hoops on this one. I will be sending a copy of this reply to Customer Service as well as the folks at GoDaddy who gave me the advertising credit with Google.

Sue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to add this to my discussion. I don't know why I would not be able to advertise with AdWords, at all, so far I have not been informed of this. I have decided to work with Google and attempt to make my site line up with their policies. I will do what I can but should it come to the point where I have to give up, I will expect a refund of my $100 prepaid advertising. I do not feel this is unreasonable. I would prefer that this work out and I can begin promoting my site. I also want to be able to place Google AdSense ads on it, as well. I figure if it meets with the AdWords Policy it should meet with AdSense policy also.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PS: Dave Davis, I don't know what you meant by me being a perfect example of what the policy was brought in for, or my website being the type Google doesn't want to advertise but, I don't feel it is necessary to sound so insulting. Have you even seen the site? I never said that because I am trying to make money that I should be allowed to put up whatever I please. I simply meant that the reason for these site links is that they are where the money comes from. If people can't connect to them then how do they find out what it is all about? It actually isn't the links themselves, anyhow, it is the fact that I did not provide descriptions of where they would be going and what to expect when they got there. I have since corrected this oversight and am waiting for a decision from Google on whether it is sufficient. Maybe, in the future, you could consider your wording more carefully. I felt attacked and insulted by your opening remarks. You make me sound like I am purposely trying to mislead people. I assure you that is not the case.

Susan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,
You're right, I apologize if I came across as insulting. I have not seen the site and wanting to make money is not a crime.

I totally understand where you're coming from insofar as users may not be able to find them otherwise, however, in my experience (and I don't work for Google so please remember that), Google want's to be able to get users to that information itself. If Google can't help a searcher find something, it's not doing a good job.

I understand that you don't want to divulge the site, but if you did, it would allow myself (and others here) to pinpoint the problems and offer some real advice. However, from the limited info that I have gathered so far, it's the business model rather than the site content that's the problem, The business model is not something you can easily "edit" overnight.

I hope you accept my apology and if it doesn't work out, you can indeed request a full refund for prepaid credit not spent on clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I, sincerely, thank you for the apology. There are not a lot of people out there willing to admit when they have made a mistake and go as far as apologizing. It takes a strong person to do that.

As far as my site is concerned, if I am not violating some policy by posting it, I welcome you to visit and offer constructive criticism. It is www.sttradingjewelry.com. If I get into trouble for posting the URL, I am sending them to talk to you! LOL!

They now want me to remove my referral link to The Freebie Exchange. This link directs a user to the site as my referral. If I send them there blind then I more than likely will lose them, as a referral, to another trader. So basically, I may as well remove my Freebie Exchange information, altogether. That is the whole reason I began the site. I wanted to drive more traffic to my referral link so as to have more referrals there and make more money. I am back at square one.

Sue

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,
First of all, there's no problem posting your link here. That's not an issue at all.

OK, so now, there's quite a few problems here. Unfortunately, my initial "diagnosis" was correct.

Your site most definitely falls into the "Bridge Page" category. 

Have a watch of this:

Have a read of the detailed policy here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

A good rule of thumb is to think of it like this: If you removed your referral URLs, would you still pay Google AdWords to send traffic to your site?

If the answer to that question is no, you probably wont be able to advertise your site. 

There's a few other policy violations I can see in the site as it stands too but your site is most definitely viewed as a bridge page by AdWords. 

Don't shoot the messenger but it's unlikely that you'll EVER be able to advertise this site in it's current form. Bear in mind too that trying to advertise a site like this that violates an AdWords policy is likely to get you banned too. If you're banned, you personally will NEVER be able to use AdWords again. Keep that in mind if you ever plan on running a differen type of business in the future.

Sorry I don't have any better news for you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello again. Amazingly, I would probably still advertise if I couldn't use my links. I would find other ways to get people to them. I am already working on that now. I have received an email, today, saying that I only need to fix my link to The Freebie Exchange, now, and I should be good to go. I hope that is true and, no offense, that you are wrong.

I have decided, however, to go a different route with my site. I am going to put together a handful of the sites as a package, and encourage people to work them as my referral. Then, once they have the hang of doing the offers and have finished or nearly finished the sites, I can refer them to the forum to pick up more sites from the ones I have there and from other traders. That way, the only referral links are the ones that will be directly used. No advertising or redirecting, just a simple, honest money making plan that works. It also will help others to bring in a decent extra income.

I hope that by working with AdWords, on what I have now, we can come to an agreement that will keep me in their good graces until I can rebuild my site. You said you found other problems, if I give you my email address can you let me know what else you found?

Sue