AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended for billing information (google has no billing info?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been dealing with this issue for awhile now and can't seem to find a way to sort it out.

I opened an account with dreamhost and got some free google credit that I used at one point. Eventually it was running low, so I looked to find some emails from google or other codes I might have found. I tried some, and none were activated (I am only telling you this because it's pure speculation that this is the problem). Later a few days later I log in to try and top up my account and I get "Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified." None of the codes went through, so I realized later when reading the T&Cs that you can't apply more than one code (even if it's mailed by google itself..... yeah), but those codes were never applied so it might not be that. Secondly, I use several email addresses on my domain, so at one point I was accidentally logged in to the wrong account and BEGAN but never completed registration for an account on the wrong one. Maybe it's that. All in all though, I have no idea what it is, because I've emailed many times back and forth and each email review I got back stated that I was in violation of some other term, rather than the first thing about my billing information being incorrect - which is strange since I never gave google any billing information to begin with (just the original $50 coupon I applied from dreamhost). I have a legal address for my company in one place, the contact address is obviously not the same listed as that on my website, and I don't live in my country of birth where the domain name is registered to, so I'm not sure what billing address can't even be verrified. Is there anyone that can clue me in to what exactly I am in breach of so I can attempt to rectify it? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended for billing information (google has no billing info?)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Honestly, I lost track on the number of violations that have happened..

More than one account;

Violation of the promo codes TOS...

others?....Smiley Surprised

I don't think you can reinstate the account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are these actual issues that are being pointed out or are you paraphrasing
what I've said?

The reason that I've stated all this is because I'd rather be honest and
state it could be x,y,z that has done this, rather than look like I'm being
dishonest.

In all actuality, the only thing I know is that the entire time all anyone
has said is I've been suspended for billing info - of which google couldn't
possibly know I put in wrong billing info because I've never even been
billed by google.

The other issues (promo code - which didn't go through, because there are
filters to keep idiots like me that don't read carefully the ToS' so
technically I guess I didn't break that ToS; and multiple account - which
wasn't activated because I realized I was in my wrong google account {also,
why would I want multiple adwords accounts on one domain anyway?}) seem to
be me maybe over analyzing the situation. In reality, I used a 50 dollar
credit to get this up and running, messed around a bit to see if I liked
the service (I did, which is why I was about to put more credit on) and
then I seem to get perma-banned and with a vague response about billing
information that makes absolutely no sense given the situation. Anything
you can do to enlighten me would be really helpful. If you can see the
domain I run, you can most likely see that we aren't dodgey people trying
to game google.

Thanks,

Anthony

P.S. - I also just think I replied to this in my other account, because
that's what you sometimes do by accident when you have multiple accounts.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Multiple accounts for the same business is a violation of the double serving section of the policy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is that the actual violation thats popping up? I don't think I even completed registration on the other email address that is attached to this account, and I definately never ran ads or applied any codes to that account. I dont see how that would end up with it saying suspended for biling info? I still don't understand this as google has NO billing info to begin with.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
  1. I wouldn't rely much on the "billing info" email. This is a "generic" email that can be referred to many violations;

2. you said : P.S. - I also just think I replied to this in my other account, because that's what you sometimes do by accident when you have multiple accounts. - so, did you have many accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So if you get suspended, you should just assume you'll never understand why? I'm at least trying to be honest by volenteering what I think COULD be issues that have tripped their filters, but I think you can see that these actions are without malice and with an actual review of my particular situation against what I have stated here you could see the story adds up.

I have an analytics account that I use on my personal email thats attached to this domain and I had set up the adwords account with the generic "contact" email. I would stay logged into both (if not more - I'm logged into 4 google accounts that i use for different purposes, all of them on my own domain). Because you're always defaulted to one of the accounts or another, at one point when I had gone to adwords, I was associated with the wrong account saw the sign up screen thinking "oh why is this asking me for my name again, weird, alright just tap tap tap", and went to the next screen until I realized I was in the wrong account, logged out, and went into my other. I haven't set up multiple campaigns or accounts or anything of that nature. I have had, always, one account that I used to spend 50 dollars of adwords credit before it was suspended.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

A second...there is misunderstanding here;

When you say "account" - do you mean a Google account or AdWords account?

How many ADWORDS accounts did you have?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have close to a million google accounts and I may or may not have associated one of them to a new adwords account. I had one adword account and remember vaguely a time where I googled adwords (while logged into an account that was not associated with my adwords accounts), clicked the first hit, and may have put in the first page of info or so while logged in to another account. I therefore BELIEVE I have only one adword account, but am only stating this for background, not because I particularly think this is what had me banned (I think this was months before I was banned). 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

OK;

I will refer the case to Google ask them to review the type of violation made;

Note1: If the suspension remains, Google will not disclose the reason. (As you said you never know why...)

Note2: Due to technical issues; Google will be notified only Monday morning California time. So be patient. It will take a few days. Be patient .

Watch your email. (The one you use to log into the account - I don't know which one from the "infinite" number you have...). Keep us posted!