AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended for Misleading or Unrealistic Promotions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received this yesterday.  As far as I can tell there are no such violations being made on my site. We've been in business for 8 years. Any feedback/help is appreciated.

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager. While it is acceptable to briefly summarize support emails, we ask that you please do not post verbatim emails from AdWords support. Thank you.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended for Misleading or Unrealistic Promotions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, so what Google is saying is - they don't like some of the content on your website, and you need to change it in order for it to meet standards (whether old or new).

Anything to do with medical conditions, pain, or suggesting things can help with any kind of medical or physical issue if assessed by Google will get flagged if it doesn't include disclaimers. it may be you are just unlucky in the fact that your site as come up for a check.

You need to make the changes they are asking you for, otherwise you may risk other issues like account suspension or even your site being taken down.

if you still have questions, I'd advise ringing Google and talking to someone.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@ERIC A

It appears you've been given a pretty detailed guideline for getting in compliance.  Disclaimers are key. I can't see the screenshots, but your February member of the month is a good example.  You need some kind of disclaimer that the results she experienced are exclusive to her and can't be expected by everyone else.  I don't see any kind of disclaimers for any of your testimonials. 

Some other things that caught my eye are, "...pushing the boundaries of exercise science..."  and ".. we won't let you get hurt."  Anything related to science needs peer reviewed evidence for such a claim. While I'm sure safety is first and foremost on your mind, there is no way you can guarantee someone won't get injured.  I think you need to reword these things. You need a general disclaimer that injury is indeed a real risk.

You appear to be the real deal, but there are a lot of scams out there when it comes to health and exercise related products/services.  Therefore a very high standard has been set for advertising on Adwords. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Please note that any website about weight loss cannot promote weight loss without moderate diet and exercise.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ERIC A
February 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
This has recently happened to most fitness related sites we manage. It seems to be triggered by any page that mentions weight (pounds/kilos) and time (days/weeks/months).

The actual wording seems irrelevant. Once the bot has identified your site, you will be required to fully comply.

All you can do is keep asking what needs to be changed, and doing exactly as Google asks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've gotten it resolved. Most of the changes seemed a bit arbitrary. But once I spoke w/ a supervisor and got some specific clarification it was fairly easy to fix.

Unfortunately, I had to make quite a few unnecessary changes before I got frustrated and spoke with a supervisor.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If that's true why is this allowed to advertise?

http://www.olay.com/en-us/skin-care-products/regenerist-micro-sculpting-cream-moisturizer?&utm_sourc...

They don't have ANY disclaimers; make every misleading claim in the book and so on so forth. In fact, I can tell you 10 examples of BIG BRANDS that you let get away. You just punish the little guys (small business).