AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended due to User Safety - What to do?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

So my account has been under review for the past week or so and today I finally got an email telling me

a website I put up on my adwords account was suspended due to 'User Safety'.

I've looked at the user safety policy and it's not immediately clear to me what I need to do to make it compliant, or what

I've done wrong.

My site is:

If someone who is more experienced with this could take a look and let me know what I can do, that would be

much appreciated.

I don't want to get my account permanently banned because I have my blog up on adwords which has been

on there (without a problem) for some time now and so my whole adwords account is suspended until I sort

out the issue with the above site.

P.S., my actual ads are fine, they don't claim anything unrealistic, contain illegal content or exaggerated

claims.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Suspended due to User Safety - What to do?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my opinion only:

According to your website:

P.P.S. When you click the buy button above you’ll be taken to the manufacturer’s website. Choose the ‘Download’ option so you can download Pro Mental Coach straight to your computer (instead of waiting a few days for the CD-ROM) and be improving your mental game in just 20 minutes from now.

Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site.

Review your website and make sure that users are receiving a comprehensive online experience. This may include ensuring that users remain on the same domain throughout their entire session.

Please see the references below:

User Safety

Bridge Page

More Power,

Loraine David

More Power,
Loraine

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ja31,

Welcome to the Community!

This is pretty clear to me...

By saying this: "P.S., my actual ads are fine, they don't claim anything unrealistic, contain illegal content or exaggerated

claims." are you implying that you understand that your site is indeed violating the User Safety Policy with unrealistic claims?

Here's just one piece of the policy:  "Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims"

In my opinion, you definitely are in violation and I didn't need to read past the "lower your handicap overnight" claim.  That kind of statement just isn't going to work.  Take a look at this thread, I was just posting about a different version of User Safety violations.  Google will pick your site apart, it must be perfect and have no questionable claims at all.  It's very challenging to abide by these policies when you have products like this but I suppose it can be done.

There could also be further issues as well but I didn't read the other few pages. 

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my opinion only:

According to your website:

P.P.S. When you click the buy button above you’ll be taken to the manufacturer’s website. Choose the ‘Download’ option so you can download Pro Mental Coach straight to your computer (instead of waiting a few days for the CD-ROM) and be improving your mental game in just 20 minutes from now.

Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site.

Review your website and make sure that users are receiving a comprehensive online experience. This may include ensuring that users remain on the same domain throughout their entire session.

Please see the references below:

User Safety

Bridge Page

More Power,

Loraine David

More Power,
Loraine