AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Tech Support - Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First and foremost, I started this business because I wanted to provide a real service in an industry that has a track record of doing the opposite. I left a company that I felt was unethical in their approach and was determined to start one doing it the right way. We don't use any free programs/software and all of our inventory is paid. We also disclose first and foremost that we are a third party not affiliated with any ISP or email provider. It's on our site several times and disclosed on our phone calls.

We were recently shut down after requesting access to the AdWords API and I've had no luck pleading my case. I was able to talk to two different support reps before they officially black listed my account and both of them were very stand offish and it was obvious they assumed I was a dishonest person because I'm in Remote IT. However, they both told me that the campaign itself wasn't in direct violation, but that we were shut down because our location was a "residence". I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion. Especially since a simple Google Maps Search shows a parking lot and still has the listing for the company that recently vacated the spot we've filled. So it's pretty obvious it's a commercial space. I told them I'd be willing to provide photos, contracts, licenses and anything necessary to prove it's a Commercial Office; to no avail.

What's interesting is that the previous company I worked for, which is still running, had direct access to Google consultants who would fly out to our office once a quarter to review our goals and campaign. I would repeatedly ask if the campaign was within AdWords policies and they always confirmed it was. So with that knowledge in-hand I was encouraged that after leaving said company, I could create a new campaign that would be within all the guidelines.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. There's really no way to fight it. I requested an appeal, but they only allow you to explain your reasoning in text. So I can't provide photos, contracts or anything substantial to prove my case. Either they didn't care to actually look into what I was saying, or the location was never really the reason they shut us down in the first place.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience or does anyone know of a way to escalate this to someone who will at least listen to us and allow us to prove that we're legitimate? We're small right now, but we've still got 20 employees who's livelihood has just been turned upside down and are scrambling to find work. I could really use some help.

Thank you,

Jared

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

unfortunately, unless such a business is exclusively or primarily a
brick-and-mortar, walk-in, face-to-face, service with posted-hours,

business sign/logo, or within a business district or similar area, and
a verified owned or rented location that resolves on google-maps,

google is rather unlikely to reconsider their decision.

regardless, any remote-it or technical-support aspect of any business

will be part of google's overall assement of a business-landscape and

its impact on users, that will usually trigger a permanent suspension.

posting a specific website url may allow others to offer more specific suggestions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Please share the URL in question;

Generally speaking a business model or remote tech support  is not allowed to be promoted on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

www.robustcx.com

I'm not sure about that because there are several companies in my area that have been doing it for quite some time. Unless they've somehow simply flown under the radar. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jared E;

Unfortunately the business model you are promoting is not allowed.

I understand the frustration of putting enormous efforts in a new business, but I don't think that the decision can be revised.

Sorry that we cannot be helpful. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for taking a look. So is my best bet to restart at a new location, new name, new website and advertise locally to get people in to repair computers and still have a remote aspect to it? I'm trying to figure out how to keep my employees employed and in the field they're knowledgeable in. We already build our own computers and each tech must pass an internal training program to understand the different functions of hardware. If this would be a solution, then I at least have hope that I can keep everyone afloat.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

starting anew will likely make things worse -- not better;
both with respect to google's policies and building a brand.

normally, the original ad, original website, or original business
that was flagged, must be fixed, using the original account --
abandoning or removing an ad, site, or business, is not considered a fix.

otherwise, google's suspension will typically follow
the advertiser and all related accounts and websites.

the best likely course would be to find new venues for advertising --
including more traditional advertising such as radio, newspapers,
magazines, newsletters, direct-mail, flyers, local television, along
with social-engagement and other digital advertising services.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It doesn't sound like I can run ads with this domain ever again. In fact that's what the email I received states. So I'm going to be forced to start a new business with a new name if I ever want to run ads. I don't know what other choice I have.

If you're implying that remote tech support simply isn't allowed, then I'm just out of luck. But I'd hope Google could actually give a clear explanation as to why other companies can do it and some can't. I've run ads at an agency for a remote tech support company and as a freelance account manager for others. They all literally do this exact same business model and don't seem to have any problems. It just seems so selective.