AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended For User Safety Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords account has been suspended because 3 years ago I advertised a clickbank product which was a book describing how to cure yourself of candida.

Adwords support sent me this email:

The account has been suspended due to policy violations on the website http://www.yeastinfectionnomore.com

The name of this policy is user safety. You can read more about the policy here:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1050602

Due to this infraction the Adwords account will remain permanently suspended.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

--------

Aside from the rather Orwellian "Thank you" and "Sincerely", I wonder if someone might be over reacting a bit to 254 clicks 3 years ago.

I really don't see what is so evil about a book describing how to cure yourself of candida. That's hardly black hat spam.

After all, the site they are referencing is a legitimate clickbank.net campaign. It has been on clickbank since 2006.

And there are many alternative and natural health cures offered for candida, for example see:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsqtoz/a/yeast_infection.htm

I am no fly by night marketer. I have had this gmail account since 2006 and it is still there.

Do I have any recourse in this? Is there like an appeal board or something? What if I say Please?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended For User Safety Policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello philhersh;

Aside from the clickbank issue and affiliation, natural cure advertising is not allowed per Adwords healthcare Policy.

So, even if you remove  / fix the affiliation, the content of the site itself violates the policy, and cannot be advertised.

Check the restrictions on healthcare advertising:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But that is why I am confused. It was for two months three years ago. I haven't advertised anything like this before or since. Is there no way to redeem myself? Even felons are given a second chance in our society and I had no malicious intent.

Re: Suspended forever

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again philhersh;

Have you fixed the website content?

It would be useless to appeal for un-suspension of an account that still violates the policy. So, before appealing the website has to brought into compliance with the policy.

It is true, that Google suspension is forever. If you run a search using the community search box, you'll find many suggestions for appeal procedures / leniency (of suspension) - As of now - all rejected by Google.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem. Thought Clickbank was OK, trying out some adwords campagnes for 2 days a few years ago primarily for learning purposes. Then, two years after my account got suspended.

After A LOT of emails and phonecals they told me I had to change the websites the adverts pointed to. Since this is impossible cause they aren't mine I can't do anything about it.

Clickbank acts like they can't do anything about it and tel me it's my problem.

I'd say to everybody, stay way from clickbank and point only to sites that you own so you can change them if nessasary.

It's a shame we can't learn from our mistakes. I'd love being able to delete the urls from my account and start over from scratch. I know for sure I won't make these mistakes twice.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello patrickvb;

You may be able to appeal for unsuspension, however the webpage that violated the Policy and caused the suspension MUST first be brought into compliance with the Policy.

I know that if you do not own the web-page- this is a major obstacle / barrier. Unlinking the URL from the account - will not help. As long as the (original violation on the web-page ) is not brought into compliance - the account will remain suspended.

Sorry about that, as weird as it sounds - that's Google's Policy....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you patrickvb and yes MosheTLV it is wierd. Come on Google, we are the folks you need - we work with and help others advertise on Google. Don't be evil.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for your contribution. I found out exactly what you're saying through my contact with Google.

But everybody understands that when you don't own the website, and the owner is not willing to change it according to Google's Policy, it's impossible to get unsuspended as long as this is Googles Policy.

I feel punished for live, for a mistake I made a few years ago. Very frustrating since I'd love to make use of adwords for my own company now.

I did not have the intention to harm anyone, the campain was only active for about 2 days. After that my adwords account was in rest for 2 years and then got suspended.

I can only hope Google makes it posible to remove the url's permanently so I can start using my account again.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again patrickvb;

Please open a new discussion about your case. Elaborate on what happened, and where we are standing now. (However, Do NOT  include any personal info: CID..billing info...)

We might be able to refer the case to be revisited  by Google Policy team.  (As said -  no guarantee. Depending on the reasons for suspension, and the circumstances at that time...)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Thanks again for your reply. I gathered all the details and opened a new discussion here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Adwords-suspended/m-p/55784#U55...

Off course, no guarantee, I understand that completely.

Hoping for the best,

best regards,

Patrick