AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Adwords account. Could you give me your opinion as to why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My account was suspended a year ago.  I sent an email last week to know the reason and they told me that the site I advertised used spam techniques.  I told them that I have change the website to comply with their landing policy, and this was their follow up:

Hello..., 

Thank you for your email. 

As mentioned in my previous email, your account has been suspended due to the promotion of "site.com" which is in violation of Spam techniques. These sites are in violation of our advertising policies. While we understand that you may not own these sites, or that it's not possible for you to make changes at the moment, all advertisers are responsible for the content they advertise, which includes the ads, keywords, and websites they choose to use. 

Pausing or deleting the affected campaigns, ad groups, or websites won't remove the suspension status. In other words, we can no longer accept any ads promoting the suspended sites until those suspended sites comply with our advertising policies. 

Please refrain from opening any new AdWords accounts, as we'll suspend any newly created accounts when created. Please understand that the decision to suspend your AdWords account was made after a careful review of your account and the website promoted through your ads.

As mentioned in our Terms and Conditions, Google reserves the right to suspend any ads when deemed necessary. You can review our Terms and Conditions here: https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions athttps://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8440

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely, 

I own the website, if I create a new website that complies and the old website I close it, do I have a chance to get my account reinstated, please advise,  Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Suspended Adwords account. Could you give me your opinion as to wh

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
No. You wont. Google takes this VERY seriously.

Do a search on this forum, you'll see what I mean.

Re: Suspended Adwords account. Could you give me your opinion as to wh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, what I understand by the following:

"While we understand that you may not own these sites, or that it's not possible for you to make changes at the moment, all advertisers are responsible for the content they advertise, which includes the ads, keywords, and websites they choose to use.

Pausing or deleting the affected campaigns, ad groups, or websites won't remove the suspension status. In other words, we can no longer accept any ads promoting the suspended sites until those suspended sites comply with our advertising policies. "

Is that I cannot advertise that site, but it also says "we can no longer accept any ads promoting the suspended sites until those suspended sites comply with our advertising policies. "

So if I tell them that I want to advertise another site, and that the original site is no longer in service, they should consider it, right??

Thanks for the help about this matter.