AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended AdWords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently began using AdWords. I am 71 and no experience or background in this stuff so forgive my lack of use of tech terminology. The account was suspended for bridge page issues. When I pressed for clarification answers were vague. However one aspect (could be more) was the external links on the site. All out links were for the purposes of giving more authoritive info and many were WIki. One in particular relates to a page we have describing a new method of liposuction (our site is cosmetic surgery) we then created a link to the manufacturer of the device for the visitor to learn about the technicalities of how it works. We were told this and every other external link must be removed to have the ban lifted. I was encouraged a few years ago to add external links and indeed Yoast likes them too. This does seem bizarre to me I must remove every external link. I must be very much out of touch.Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John B
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you're having this trouble with your campaign.

Here are some resources which I think will help you:

1. This entry is about four years old, but it still looks pretty relevant: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Google-AdWords-Bridge-Page-policy-How-to-avoid-th...

2. The section titled "Insufficient original content" on this page covers Google's policies about bridge pages. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

You should not need to remove every single external link from your landing page. There is no Google policy against having any external links on your landing page. What you will need to do is to figure out which specific links or link structure is making Google think that your page is a bridge page, and remove/change that structure to fix the problem. Those resources I linked to above should help you figure that out.

I hope that helps!

John

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi John,

It sounds like a lot of your content is from elsewhere. If Google sees unoriginal content (images, paragraphs) and external links to sites with that content - the algorithm might think you are an affiliate marketer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Our business involes taking clients to Prague for cosmetic surgery. We have never copied anyones content, so the whole thing is a mystery. I was specifically told by Google to remove every external link. All links were authoritive link to wiki or natonal health sites to provide more info.

I am age 70 i am too old for All this. We been around for 20 and our site features client experience and my wife's who underwent a lot of surgery herself. I will never figure out the way to fix it. So will have to probably close the entire site down. We fair decent honest people who have never applied any tactics to gain an unfair advantage. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account got suspended due to payment method. if i want to verify my card details and get ready account in working process what i can do for that.