AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended AdWords account for malicious link

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

From a week now my site has been suspended.

I believe I have a plugin that is causing the problems.

Google said :

We had a look at your site and there is a problematic, malicious link we identified that needs to be removed:

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

I've checked the index of the site (online) and also ran the site through some malware checkers but I can't find where the link is hidden.

Please help me out to solve this.
My site - <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove links which have the potential to put other members at risk. 
As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are suspected of having Malware, and ask other forum members to investigate. To do so puts them at risk. Instead, please continue to work directly with AdWords support.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended AdWords account for malicious link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Clear your site form malware through Google search console, and submit the clearance to AdWords support.
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/168328?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Juliano A

I did a pretty thorough scan with Xenu's Link Sleuth, and I could not find it either. It could be obfuscated by javascript in one of these plugins, or your site could have been hacked.  Are all of the plugins you use obtained from Wordpress.org? Do you have the latest version of Wordpress installed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found out where the problem is coming from.
We have a third party plugin that has been compromised and the link is hidden in it.
Will get our developer to fix the problem.

Thank You for the quick responses