AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended AdWords account and the associated AdMob account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords account was suspended today just seconds after creating my first ad under promotions in AdMob. Does this just affect the AdWords account? Can I still use AdMob Ads in my apps? I have not seen any progress under the Monetize tab in AdMob since my AdWords account was suspended.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Suspended AdWords account and the associated AdMob account

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please clarify if you are an advertiser or a publisher? These are not the same platforms.
For an advertiser: since AdMob for advertisers was merged into AdWords, if you are suspended on AdWords, you'll also be suspended from AdMob.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
AdMob is now integrated into AdWords.
If you are suspended from AdWords, you are also suspended from AdMob
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just checked this morning and the AdMob account does have activity. I guess it wasn't updated. So, does this mean I can still generate money from displaying other people's ads through the AdMob service?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please clarify if you are an advertiser or a publisher? These are not the same platforms.
For an advertiser: since AdMob for advertisers was merged into AdWords, if you are suspended on AdWords, you'll also be suspended from AdMob.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see. I am a publisher. Currently, I have a game that uses AdMob to display AdMob Ads. I have not promoted my game yet, so I am not an advertiser. I tried setting up a campaign to promote my game. Only under the promotion tab, it says my account has been suspended. Under Home or Monetize tabs, it doesn't say suspended.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
As a publisher , I think you should post your question to the guys at the AdMob help forum;
https://support.google.com/admob/?hl=en#topic=2740022