AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended AdSpam - No Chance Given...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Last month I was suspended from AdWords.

Firstly, I wake up to find an email saying my account may be suspended. This email, of course gave me no specific reasons at all and was completely useless.

From here I decided searching around and found a form I can submit to get more information, I specifically was requesting for details on this possible suspension. I get a reply back quite fast, surprisingly and it's it pure junk. The "person" has clearly not read my message more than a quick scan, enough to throw in a macro response that was VERY unrelated to what I was looking for.

No.. In fact they sent my site for review again. I MENTIONED NOTHING OF THIS.

Within 24 hours of their email reply, bam. My account is completely suspended. 

In full, I was sent an email stating there was issues with my site that need fixing but not told anything about what they were, then within 24 hours my account is completely suspended. Given almost no chance to fix any issues... let alone the fact that I had no way to know what needed fixing.

I did find out I was suspended for "Ad Spam" from the reply from the person over at Google but Ad Spam covers 13 different things on the page I found regarding it. That's sure not specific and really isn't helpful at all.

Regardless, I tried to figure out what I had done wrong on this list and to my original expectation, I had not done anything.

Site is youpluslike[dot]com

Any ideas? I frankly don't care if I cannot advertise this one site but completely losing my AdWords account over 1 small issue that I am still unaware of is just ridiculous.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended AdSpam - No Chance Given...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dillon,

The site you mentioned  - youpluslike[dot]com, is in clear violation of Adwords Spam Techniques Policy.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/50424?hl=en#

Google will not allow ads for services that artificially inflate "likes", "+1s", inbound links or customer reviews.

Please have a look at an earlier thread regarding the same issue below.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Account-has-been-suspended-for-...

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you look at the website properly, this is very far from the case. I make no guarantees anything and it's 100% user driven. Users who choose to sign up can do as they please within the site. Nothing is forced and nothing is guaranteed.

Based on that I cannot see how it violates any guidelines.

In addition this doesn't excuse everything else that happened. I was given no time to fix issues or told what they were and now I'm apparently forced to accept losing my entire AdWords account forever because of the lack of a "human" response on Googles end.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone give any more specifics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Struggling with the same thing. I have completely destroyed a website to comply with their policies. Still received an automated response that there is no chance of them reinstating my account.

So much for "do no evil". Heartless I say.

Phoned them up. Doesn't help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I tried to call up as well and got nothing. Just kept saying over and over that they cannot tell me what's wrong with my site exactly just that if I do fix it my account will be unsuspended.

They basically said I need to guess what's wrong with my site and get it reviewed and just hope that it's fixed.