AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to google ad words and the first link I attatched to a campaign first was approved then I changed the punctuation and all of the sudden the linked site which is not mine was against their policy. I asked what can I do, they told me to remove the link and start a new campaign. I did that and now they are telling me that I must change the web site that I do not control before I can use adwords again. So, how can a new person get slammed so hard for one mistake, and be banned from ad words?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Suspended Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lammjfrg; welcome;

Well...this is a good question..... However, Google is NOT tolerant with Policy violations, in order to keep the reputation and user experience of its sponsored links.

As odd as it sounds, the site you are promoting must, first, brought into compliance with Policy, even if you have no control over its content,  before you can ask for another reviewYou'll have to contact the site owner, and make sure that the site is in compliance. If you cannot make the necessary changes - you cannot advertise on AdWords... Smiley Sad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lammjfrg; welcome;

Well...this is a good question..... However, Google is NOT tolerant with Policy violations, in order to keep the reputation and user experience of its sponsored links.

As odd as it sounds, the site you are promoting must, first, brought into compliance with Policy, even if you have no control over its content,  before you can ask for another reviewYou'll have to contact the site owner, and make sure that the site is in compliance. If you cannot make the necessary changes - you cannot advertise on AdWords... Smiley Sad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, that's the only way to go. Google is strict on its policies.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Lammjfrg,

MosheTLV is correct about this. If your AdWords account has been suspended for policy reasons, it can only be unsuspended once all websites that have ever been advertised in the account are compliant with AdWords Policies. More information about our AdWords Policies can be found here.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Rachel

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.