AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Account and Selling Viollating Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was recently suspended due to an issue on my site. I have went through everything I can possibly do and still cannot find the violation.

Anyway, I have been told if I fix this issue my AdWords account will be reinstated but if not it will never be reinstated.

I'm wondering what happens if I sell the site? Someone wants to purchase the site and I'm also interested in selling but does this mean if I sold it that i could never have an AdWords account again or if it sold is that the same as fixing the issue?

I really do not want to lose AdWords as a marketing tool because of one site that I can't even figure out what it has violates.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Suspended Account and Selling Viollating Site

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I know it's your site and you probably spent a long time building it so it's going to be VERY difficult to accept, but this IS considered spam by Google. By it's very nature, it's designed to circumvent and influence one of it's core products.

You will NEVER be able to advertise this on AdWords and the future owner will never be able to advertise it on AdWords either. In fact, I would not be surprised if YOU are banned from using AdWords for life.

I don't work for Google. so don't shoot the messenger but this is a fight you are not going to win. And for what it's worth, I agree with Google on this one. It's not 2004.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

You are strongly advised not to sell the site before fixing it;

Selling the site deםs not resolve the suspension, and you will not be able to advertise until site is fixed. (Since it had been linked to your account before suspended.)

Fix the site, as long as you have control over its content. If you sell the site without fixing, you will find yourself in a situation in which you cannot advertise on AdWords until you fix it. (No matter that will not be the owner)!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dillon,
Unfortunately, Google is rarely forthcoming with this info, if ever. Even more unfortunate is that they tend to ban the advertiser for life too, not just the site/domain/business.

Perhaps if you could give us a link to your site, we'll be able to point out some problems if they are obvious (in a lot of cases they are).

If the site violates any AdWords guidelines, the person you're selling to will inherit these too if they're not sorted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thanks for the info both of you.

my site is youpluslike[dot]com

Someone told me this:

"The site you mentioned  - youpluslike[dot]com, is in clear violation of Adwords Spam Techniques Policy.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/50424?hl=en#

Google will not allow ads for services that artificially inflate "likes", "+1s", inbound links or customer reviews."

My response for this is:

"If you look at the website properly, this is very far from the case. I make no guarantees over anything and it's 100% user driven. Users who choose to sign up can do as they please within the site. Nothing is forced and nothing is guaranteed. Everything is 100% the choice of the user.

Based on that I cannot see how it violates any guidelines."

If this is still the case then if I can know exactly what needs changing if someone knows then I would appreciate that.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I know it's your site and you probably spent a long time building it so it's going to be VERY difficult to accept, but this IS considered spam by Google. By it's very nature, it's designed to circumvent and influence one of it's core products.

You will NEVER be able to advertise this on AdWords and the future owner will never be able to advertise it on AdWords either. In fact, I would not be surprised if YOU are banned from using AdWords for life.

I don't work for Google. so don't shoot the messenger but this is a fight you are not going to win. And for what it's worth, I agree with Google on this one. It's not 2004.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They state they allow Legitimate traffic exchanges and I genuinely didn't see how this is any different.

That was obviously a mistake but it was an honest one at that. I really do not care about advertising it on AdWords now. I just want to be able to advertise websites in the future. The person looking to buy knows the situation that they could not use the site with AdWords but I'd really like to know what exactly I can do to get my account back before I do potentially sell it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You're going to have to call them. But I doubt they'll "let you back in. Ignorance is not an excuse I've seen them accept. In fact, I've seen users banned for life who obeyed all the rules, then when the rules change overnight and they are in violation all of a sudden...BAM, out for good.

You're not going to get any answers or solace on this forum I'm afraid. Your best bet is to call them.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

Sorry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I called them and they told me that I need to fix the problem and then my account will be unsuspended but they refuse to tell me what the problem is.

Would you or anyone happen to know exactly what I would need to do for the site be become acceptable?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

"Click, impression, and conversion inflation programs".
In fact, it could fall under many of those different categories. Google doesn't care which. You're entire business model violates one of the rules, they're not going to tell you which exactly. Trust me, you are not going to get any exact answer/reason for this one. You are wasting your time trying. 

There is nothing about your business model that is "fixable". I know you're not going to listen so this will be my last post on the issue.

I'd remove all ads in AdWords for this site, get rid if the site (if that's your intention) and hope that when you use AdWords again for a legitimate site, that they don't have you blacklisted. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Does this mean I can change what the site is to something that does not violate any AdWords terms and that would be okay?

I appreciate the replies.