AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Subsidiary Suspension and other Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I really need your help about the below problem as I couldn't find a proper answer online yet.

The company I work with has 3 different brands, and separate Adwords accounts for each of them. The billing info, registered company details and all is the same for these 3 brands.

But they have different websites not related to each other, their names, audience and ad strategies are entirely different. 

One of the subsidiaries' Adwords account has been recently suspended for good which I won't go into detail as it's not the question, I was wondering if that will result in suspension for the parent company's Adwords account as well? Or the other subsidiaries'?

Thank you very much.

Best, 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melis E
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Melis E,

Billing details are often used on more than one account, so that is quite typical. However, when one account has anything shared (website, email, contact, user, billing, etc.) they are somewhat connected even though they stand on their own.

Depending on the severity of the actions that brought about the suspension on one of the accounts... it could lead to a suspension of the others. They all will be under a review status and if policy if being violated in any way, they each will fall one by one and then anything and everything associated with them will be banned from further use (likely for life). 

It's important to learn about AdWords Best Practice, policies and guidelines as soon as possible and make sure everything is 101% perfect. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melis E
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Melis E,

Billing details are often used on more than one account, so that is quite typical. However, when one account has anything shared (website, email, contact, user, billing, etc.) they are somewhat connected even though they stand on their own.

Depending on the severity of the actions that brought about the suspension on one of the accounts... it could lead to a suspension of the others. They all will be under a review status and if policy if being violated in any way, they each will fall one by one and then anything and everything associated with them will be banned from further use (likely for life). 

It's important to learn about AdWords Best Practice, policies and guidelines as soon as possible and make sure everything is 101% perfect. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

As James mentioned, most likely all other accounts will be soon suspended.
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended, and the other sites

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you very much for your answers. 

The suspended one is

airwaysflight.co.uk , reason being misrepresentation which I can actually understand their point, although our intention was never being deceptive or something. 

But the others look absolutely good to me, and they had Adwords campaigns running without any problems for quite some time. 

That would be a great loss if anything happens to these 2 accounts along with the suspended one. 

Many thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thanks a lot. I think the others should be fine in terms of policy, as we have been advertising them on Adwords for quite sometime and never had a single problem. They are not under review yet either. 

So I suppose only thing we can do is to wait and see, but god knows how even the idea of losing the other ones make me anxious.  

Have a great day!

Best,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Air travel is very sensitive vertical lately.

All terms and conditions (e.g. Cancellations, refunds, ticket validity and  ticket type...) MUST be clearly shown on the site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’