AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

SubDomain as Final URL, will it show as Display URL?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Long-time reader, first time poster. I have a really basic question, but it's surprisingly hard to get confirmation on what I assume is correct after having read other community posts and copious leafing through Google Support docs.

Let's say I have a website (domain: mywebsite.com) and I am using a third-party landing page creator such as Unbounce which requires a subdomain to host a landing page for A/B testing, etc. (subdomain: widgets.mywebsite.com

For my creative, the Final URL is obviously widgets.mywebsite.com but could I have the Display URL as just the top level domain - mywebsite.com? Or even to go one step further and use a path - mywebsite.com/widgets?

I know this is a basic question, but I'm new to this and I'd like confirmation for my own example.

Thank you all Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@JayKay D

Yes. Everything you are wanting to do is okay.  Google actually does what are describing. You can see an example of this when you query Adwords.   The display url is www.google.com/AdWords and the final url is adwords.google.com/...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When you create text ads, you will find there "Final URL" and "Display URL" options. Use widgets. mywebsite.com as final URL and mywebsite.com as Display URL.