AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Structured Snippet Insurance Extensions

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am having issues trying to get the insurance coverage snippets approved. This is for a "medical" related account, and I know some tools like remarketing are just not available given the content. I think I have otherwise valid "types" of insurance "Out of Network, PPO, Pre-Authorized", but there are no examples in the help doc for medical insurance.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6283300?hl=en

Are medical insurance related extensions just not allowed, or do I have my setup wrong? Does anyone else have some experience with these extensions in this field?

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tomhalejr,

The extensions use the same guidelines as generally-provided by Adwords, along with the extension's policy you have linked above. Not sure what your keywords, ads, landing page and website look like... but review all of this info and see if any of your elements collide with any of the guidelines. 

Sometimes with products or services that rub up against (or get close to) any of these areas, it triggers auto-responses that only AdWords Support can get to fly... and even then they can get approved and then get disapproved shortly after. 

Hope that helps, my friend!

James

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

This is for a sober living organization. So, more "personal" than medical. If it is one of those manual/special review sort of situations, then I'm inclined to just let it go. 

If ad extensions are part of the QS equation now, then I wanted to make sure to pay more attention to them. Structured snippets weren't something that I was really using, because the options were so limited. It looks like (?) some more options have been added, so I wanted to make sure to find at least one type of SS ext. I could use for each account. The only two I could find that were relevant for this account were Amenities, and Insurance. The Amenities SS is working: Spacious Bedrooms, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Wireless Internet, Panoramic Views, so I have at lest one SS sorted. Smiley Happy

Tom