AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Special Cases For Capitalization?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working on a campaign right now for classes run by teachers using the STEAM model (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math). STEAM is literally what people are searching for - I'm not trying to be gimmicky or get attention. Is this still not allowed?? I would like it to be in either the Headline or Description Line 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: Special Cases For Capitalization?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The system will automatically accept well-known acronyms/abbreviations as capitalized. (For example, USA and UK are white listed.)

Honestly, the easiest way to find out if your acronym is considered "well-known" by Google is to just save the ad and see what happens. Worst case scenario is that you have to call Google and explain the acronym, then wait an extra day for ad approval.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Full capitalization and inter-capitalization is allowed in ads for these circumstances:
Trademarks, brand names, or product names like "AdWords" that are consistently capitalized throughout your website or app
Common abbreviations like "ASAP" and acronyms like "USA"
Coupon codes
You can request a review at this url: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approvals

Full support url mentioning the above information: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The system will automatically accept well-known acronyms/abbreviations as capitalized. (For example, USA and UK are white listed.)

Honestly, the easiest way to find out if your acronym is considered "well-known" by Google is to just save the ad and see what happens. Worst case scenario is that you have to call Google and explain the acronym, then wait an extra day for ad approval.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome, that's exactly what I'm going to do. A little new to Ad Words so it will be a great learning experience if I have to get in touch with them.

Thank you for the support.