AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Some of my Mobile App Install Ads have been Disapproved For Copyright

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of my Mobile App Install Ads have been disapproved for Copyright reasons.

It seems that the ads are being disapproved for using “play.google.com/store” in the ad copy, but this is automatically included by Google when promoting an App available in the Play store.

Also, some of my ads with exactly the same ad copy as the disapproved ads are live and performing well.

When I speak to Google Support, they tell me to fill in the copyright form to prove ownership of the copyright in question.

However, obviously I don't have copyright for 'Google' nor 'Play'.

I can't believe Google would stop you from advertising an app in their own store so I'm guessing this is a glitch, but I 'm going round in circles with the phone support and wasting hours of time. They also are saying that even if I could fill in the form, it would take 7-14 days to approve. The rest of the campaign will be over if I wait that long.

Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some of my Mobile App Install Ads have been Disapproved For Copyri

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nick
This seems to be some sort of mistake based on the information that you provided. Unfortunately, we don't have access to your account here. I'd recommend calling or live chatting with support again to have them look at it as they'll be able to actually see into your account and provide guidance on the next steps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dave,
AdWords Support keep asking me to fill out the copyright form at:
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/copyright
I am trying to contact my developers to see if they have the licensing document requested in that form (hoping that this is something you receive once your app is placed in the Google Play store) but even then I have done these types of ads before with no issue and some of the ads are running with the same copy.And 1-2 weeks is a long time.

I'll try AdWords support again as you suggest.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Nick
Can you provide an image of the ad? I'm finding it hard to understand exactly what is being disaproved.