AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Small business Retailes are not seeing any benefit.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Product Search is gone and now Google has become Google Shopping. This mean small cigar shops that are using the internet to increment sales are not going to be permitted to use this service anymore? They say to improve your shopping experience but in reality they are just thrinking small businesses down to zero. We run a Cigar Shop Retail Business and we have been using the Product Search for almost 5 years. We operate our business with all the state and local licences there is. We are very serious about the age and even when shipping we never authorized unatended shippings. There will be many ways to check receipients age. This new idea from Google may be great for BIG companies but is in no way a tool that will be helping small businesse like our mine.

Re: Small business Retailes are not seeing any benefit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Note that Google Policy do not accept Cigars due to age restrictions and the only places allow to do this are the ones granfhatering (open before the law was implemented: Mike Cigars, Famous Smoke, Cigars International and JR Cigars). My question is why "Google Places" do not allow the word cigars when the only intention for a Google Place (it don't go to a website but to a Google Place where people find information about your business) is to drive traffic to the "Retail Store" were "Age Verification" is not an issue because is a face to face sale? If at least Google allowed this, it could help.