AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Slash (/) character in a Ad text & QS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we use a slash (/) character in a Ad text?  Will special characters make any impact on quality score?

Re: Slash (/) character in a Ad text & QS

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Raneesh,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

Are you using the / in your Ad's Line 1 or Line 2? or in the Display URL?  You can for sure use the character in your Display URL.  

AdWords Ad Editorial Guidelines do explicitly mention a /, but yes, I believe you can use in your Ad Copy as long as you're using in a traditional, non-excessive, grammatically correct sense.

Some special characters will for sure make your Ad disapproved (see Guidelines), but as long as a character is allowed by AdWords, having them in your Ad Copy should not impact your Quality Score.  Caveat to that is, if your Ad is using many characters that are not appealing to searchers, that could lower your CTR, which could then impact your QS.

Re: Slash (/) character in a Ad text & QS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to use / in Ad headline and desc line 1.

As some of the product code (Catalouge id) has a / in it and I would like use product code as it is in the Ad copy with out removing /.