AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink Extensions: third-party links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you know if it's allowed to make sitelink extensions with destination urls different to main ad url (not to social media)? Ex. we have an ad with destination url www.aaaa.com/bbb and want to make an sitelink extension "Booking" with url www.dddd.com (it's a landing page for booking request and currently we can't move it to main site). 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink Extensions: third-party links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It's an interesting question.

If I go by the policy (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054210?hl=en) it says that:

"Third-party links: In limited circumstances, sitelinks may point to third-party sites such as your Google+ page, Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn. If doing so, the link text must be descriptive of what someone would find on that landing page. For example, "Watch our video on YouTube" should lead to your video on YouTube."

Did you try implementing the sitelink going to 3rd party link which is actually your Booking platform for the users?

Pankaj

Re: Sitelink Extensions: third-party links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, before implementing them I wanted to know if it's allowed. But I'll try.