AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site violates policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! 

So I have been informed that my site violates Googles policy.

I have received Googles automated email stating that my ads are disapproved and a small description of the ads that are affected.

However in the email there is a section that says suggestions and in that suggestions it states that:

SUGGESTIONS:
You should have received a separate email that tells you the name of the policy that was violated, the site that's in violation, and a link that points you to more information about that policy and how to fix the issue.

Now I haven't received this email yet for me to make any amendments to my ads and site.

However I have thoroughly gone through Googles policy and have identified what could potentially be the issue without receiving this email.

I have changed my url destination but have not submitted my site for review yet as I am triple checking with a third party tomorrow and making sure that I have covered all grounds before submitting my site for review.... the last thing I need is for my account to get shut down :-)

My question is... Today I went into my Campaign Management in Adwords and noticed in the policy detail section that there is 2 messages...

Before it just had

(Disapproved)
(Disapproved)

Now it says 

Disapproved
(Disapproved)
(Disapproved)

Because I didn't get an email, is the reason why my site violates Googles policy is due to Misleading content?
And is there a reason why 3-4 days later I am getting this update in the policy detail section... as appose to when it first happened?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Site violates policy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Peter,

You should've received a separate email before the one about the suspended ads. 

Regardless, it seems quite clear that Misleading Content is the problem or one of the problems.

If you share your URL someone here might be able to spot what is wrong.

Site violates policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't receive a separate email before the one about the suspended ads.

Yea, after going through the policy and writing down what could be the issue... It was quite clear that misleading content is the problem or one of... which is why I changed my url destination.... However I haven't submitted my site for review just yet.

Here is the url that I was using  www.peternguyenfitness.com/introductory-offer/

I have now changed the url of my ad destinations to my home page www.peternguyenfitness.com

The other url had before and afters, testimonials which in Googles eyes are misleading content.

Rob... or anyone on here... can you give me feedback if my homepage is on the clear? is there anything on my homepage that you think might not get approved by Google when I resubmit my site for review.

Much appreciated 

Site violates policy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Peter,

The problems are:

testimonials need disclaimers

you can't promise results

you can't specify a time frame

Google's bots will flag any page that mentions combinations of days/weeks/months, weight loss, guarantees, pounds or kilos... 

So while that page probably converts very well from other sources, it is not suitable for AdWords.

Changing the final URL of your ad won't remove the site disapproval. You need to fix the original problem. I would just change the Offer page to be the same as your home page.

The other pages of your site also need to fixed if the page you send AdWords visitors to links to them.

Site violates policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what you mean by "Changing the final URL of your ad won't remove the site disapproval. You need to fix the original problem. I would just change the Offer page to be the same as your home page"

So my previous offer page aka final URL ...where I was sending people to on... through my ads on adwords was www.peternguyenfitness.com/introductory-offer/

I have now decided to not use that page anymore and use my homepage www.peternguyenfitness.com as my final url where I send people to on my google ads aka Final URL in my ads to 

I am assuming what you mean by offer page is the Final URL in my ads?

Once I have changed that Final url... can I just Resubmit my campaign for review?

Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Site violates policy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

The page that you have decided not to promote any more (www.peternguyenfitness.com/introductory-offer/) has to be fixed to fit Google policy. Then you can get your site approved and promote any page you wish. 

If you make new ads that point to your home page, they will be disapproved as well. It is "site policy", not "page policy".

Site violates policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah... Thank you. When you resubmit the site for review, does my final url have to be the original one? that being (www.peternguyenfitness.com/introductory-offer/) or my new homepage url? www.peternguyenfitness.com I couldn't find where it says it in the Fix a disapproved ad or extension 

Or do I leave the same url until it is approved then change my final URL after?

Thanks

Site violates policy

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Although your ads are disapproved, the problem is bigger than that. The ads can't be approved until your site is fixed and you let Google know. Contact AdWords Support and tell them you have fixed the problem and that you are after a manual review. 

Site violates policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Rob for your advice. Much appreciated.

I have spent this and last week going through my entire site re-writing, removing, putting disclaimers where I have testimonials, removing timers and time frames - I hope I have done everything needed to get back onto Google Adwords.

Just curious though, with pages that are set as draft on my site... will Google look at those pages? or just the active pages?

So I have a few pages that is are published/active which has some old content on - with words that has weight loss, no disclaimers on it... don't intent to publishing it... just want to leave it there for reference and copy later on in the future...

Will I be penalized for those pages that are set as draft? Or should I remove them?    

Thank you

Site violates policy

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Google will use what is indexed, what is showing in search results. If the search index has caught up with the latest version of your site, you might have to explain that those pages have been removed recently.

Less hassle is to wait until you are sure they aren't showing up on Google any more.