AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended: usefulness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to adwords - my site has just been suspended.  The site is thehostbase.com

At the moment it is just a teaser landing page, collecting email addresses for when the site goes live (which should be in about 1 month).  Is this the reason it has been suspended?  I have read through the policies, but can't see any other reason.  

Thanks for your help

Marcus

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site suspended: usefulness

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Correct; Collecting personal information, as the main goal of the page - is not allowed
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus P
October 2015

Re: Site suspended: usefulness

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Yes I completely agree with MosheTLV, most probably yiur account will get suspended as once I had tried to run PPC campaigns with similar goal but my account got suspended even before the approval of ads (i.e. in the eligible status).

But still they consider a lot of other factors like what services and how you are advertising, disclaimer and privacy policy on the landing page, Physical address and contact no. on the landing page. Though you can have email address via other means like letting customers download whitepapers/newsletter/file with sign ups, apps.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’