AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended, should I fix it or create a new one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A few days ago, one of my site got suspended from adwords. It was running pretty well, with high quality scores, for 6 months and I was spending $500-$1k a day on those campaigns. But suddenly got suspended, adwords stated the reason as "low quality content".

I was having my landing pages in subdirectories (mysite.com/landingpage1 ,2 etc) and was using them as the destination pages in my campaigns.But the homepage was blank (not linked from inside the landing pages though) and was not used in any of the campaigns. Could that be the reason for suspension? I mean, as I was not using my homepage anywhere and even the "home" button on my landing pages were linked to the subdirectory/landing pages itself, it should not matter for the root folder to be blank..or does it matter?

Anyways, My main concern is that, should I fix the homepage (I'm planning to start a quality blog on it) and fix some issues on my landing pages(a few that I suspect could have been the reason for suspension), and then submit the site for reconsideration ?

Or should I buy a new domain and create a new quality site on it, and then copy the landing pages from the previous site ? I am getting more inclined towards buying a new one because:

1. If I submit the suspended site for reconsideration and it gets approved, I think Google will lower the quality score a lot for it since it was "once" suspended. I'm not sure on this but suspect, please clarify.

2. I would certainly be using adsense on my new blog (not on the landing pages, of course) and since my site got suspended once, it may put a risk to my adsense account in future (again not sure on this, but suspect).

I would greatly appreciate your help.

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Site suspended, should I fix it or create a new one?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jack S,

Though, a blank homepage does not have a direct impact, yet I don't find a valid reason for keeping it blank, specifically if it is about an information driven blog/website.

To your further questions - fix your current website first and get it out of the suspension by complying with the concerned policies. If you ignore it, all subsequent AdWords accounts would most likely be suspended. 

About quality score, be sure Google does not lower quality scores for an account's keywords only because site was suspended for any reason. It would be as it should be based on the consolidated scores of all QS components of the time you are out for suspension. 

To your final question - it hardly matters if the landing page is a blog or company profile. Landing page experience analyze factors like - user experience, credibility, navigational ease, mobile friendliness etc.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

It is not necessary to link the home page of website with the adwords landing page, you can run adwords account even with the sub-domain. You can use no-follow for you landing pages in case if these PPC landing pages have duplicate content as on the main website.

and yes, first fix every issue with your landing pages or the website and then submit it for re-consideration/ re-review.
As you have mentioned that your account has run for 6 months so, it must be having a history. Hence, if the suspension get revoked your QS will be regenerated based on the components of QS and you will have the benefit of this account history in comparison of a very new account with a new domain.

You can use adsense even on the PPC landing pages but keep in mind don't use adsense on each and every page of the website and try to allow only a single space on a webpage for adsense.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying. I was not saying that I would create a new adwords account with the new site, but just replace the campaigns' destination URLs in my current adwords account, with the new site links. Would it retain the quality scores that way?

Also, do a company type landing page or a content rich (blog post) type landing page gets a better quality score? And which is more recommended?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes in that case also QS will be lost.And keep in mind to replace the display url also.
Now explaining the cases how your QS history will be lost:
Case 1:
When you will create new ads with new domain's landing pages, you need to delete all old domain ads otherwise your account may get suspended and definitely you will loose the account history.

case 2:
If you will edit the ads it will be replaced as new and again your history will be lost.

The landing page must have the quality content related to your ads and keywords, load time must be minimum to get the better QS or better landing page experience.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jack S,

Though, a blank homepage does not have a direct impact, yet I don't find a valid reason for keeping it blank, specifically if it is about an information driven blog/website.

To your further questions - fix your current website first and get it out of the suspension by complying with the concerned policies. If you ignore it, all subsequent AdWords accounts would most likely be suspended. 

About quality score, be sure Google does not lower quality scores for an account's keywords only because site was suspended for any reason. It would be as it should be based on the consolidated scores of all QS components of the time you are out for suspension. 

To your final question - it hardly matters if the landing page is a blog or company profile. Landing page experience analyze factors like - user experience, credibility, navigational ease, mobile friendliness etc.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Ratan-Jha is correct; fixing the site in question (all of it) is fundamental for enabling again  the site. I don't comply the account itself will be suspended within a few days.

You must fox the site. There is no other way.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a ton everyone, I realize now that it makes sense to fix that site first and get it out of google's suspension radar. I'm now completely revamping it and building a high quality informative blog on the homepage. I'll update this thread if the site gets approved.

Also, as @Archit said, @Ratan-Jha , @MosheTLV can you please clarify if putting one adsense unit (or a product recommendation/affiliate offer) on the landing page (below the fold) is allowed? I mean not including it in the main content (the content is going to be value rich.. I may put a product recommendation in the sidebar..(not false claims, not unnecessary attention to it)). That's definitely not my intent for my campaigns (building my list is, and as I know email optin as the sole goal is against adwords policy so an email optin form is going to be after the value rich content as a suggestion or as a sidebar widget). But I just want to know if I could put adsense or product banners in the sidebar, in a non obtrusive way, to maybe cover some of my advertising expense?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You are always welcome to this community as this platform is not only for the solutions to the adwords issues but also a great platform to learn adwords.

And i have also suggested you the same thing as mentioned by Ratan that you first need to fix your website and QS will be effected when you will edit the ads and replace the display and final url. In this case the component of QS (landing page experience and relevancy) will be affected and hence QS will be effected.

And regarding the adsense, it is the best practice to use adsense along with adwords not a policy or rule.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

QS is predominantly a CTR  metric, and attributed to the keyword. Once you are out of suspension the QS will be recalculated based on CTR. The landing page experience is a factor, but not a significant one.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Jack S can I ask what the primary goal of the website is?

$500 - $1000 per day is a lot to spend on AdWords when you're now talking about what appears to be a complete change of direction.  Was the site not originally a "quality blog"?  Your concern over AdSense also concerns me.

I'm just wondering what the original goal of your site was while it was being promoted, and what the ultimate goal of your new site will be.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits