AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended (malware)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I need some urgent help with my website. Currently it is suspended due to malware. However, using numerous scans and applications available I have not found any malware present. Is there a tool experts use to locate malware as perhaps the website is hacked but the tools I am using is not able to detect any malware. I've tried everything from Sucuri malware scanner and numerous other WP plugin malware scanners but everything comes up clean. Adwords support says its malicious links, but I've looked at the entire site and cannot find anything. Please assist, thank you in advance! [The URL is www.nicoskitchens.co.za]

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Re: Site suspended (malware)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Update: Site was unsuspended. Hopefully my own issues with malware are now fully resolved. Now that I've gone through this entire process I can give other users some advise:

It's a time consuming process to get your site back online - try other campaigns/platforms while you get your site back with Google.

Stay calm, you will get your site fixed ... eventually.

Old Wordpress plugins, if not updated can leave the door open to security vulnerabilities.

Website security is a real thing, prevention is better than cure and it's probably the most important aspect a webmaster must lookout for.

Rather pay a security expert to ensure you have zero malware and all traces are gone. Otherwise the entire waiting process to get back online becomes exponentially longer.

Free malware scanners (almost all of them) are not a good indication whether or not your website is clean of malware.

View solution in original post

Site suspended (malware)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Raymond-Smit

Check detailed  instructions to follow in this link;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1308246?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Site suspended (malware)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I have already checked that document and it did not resolve the problem. Webmaster tools does not find any malware, my webhost did find malware which was subsequently removed - however, the Adwords system is still picking up malware which I cannot locate. Currently, according to my host, there is no malware.

Site suspended (malware)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the same boat. So frustrating.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Re: Site suspended (malware)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Update: Site was unsuspended. Hopefully my own issues with malware are now fully resolved. Now that I've gone through this entire process I can give other users some advise:

It's a time consuming process to get your site back online - try other campaigns/platforms while you get your site back with Google.

Stay calm, you will get your site fixed ... eventually.

Old Wordpress plugins, if not updated can leave the door open to security vulnerabilities.

Website security is a real thing, prevention is better than cure and it's probably the most important aspect a webmaster must lookout for.

Rather pay a security expert to ensure you have zero malware and all traces are gone. Otherwise the entire waiting process to get back online becomes exponentially longer.

Free malware scanners (almost all of them) are not a good indication whether or not your website is clean of malware.

Site suspended (malware)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site too has been suspended for malware. They called this morning and said my site was unreachable verifying there was malware on their site. I asked if they were assuming malware or actually scanned it and found malware. He said they actually scanned it. I asked what software he used. He said that another team scanned it that they can't speak to directly and refused to give me his employee ID. I knew it wasn't working because of a "all in one wordpress security"  site lock out. I had made my website so fort knox that I had locked the world out of it. All scans etc show NO malware. Googles scans shows no malware. I deactivated and re activated the plug in and its up working fine. I just don't like being lied to. He assumed there was malware as the site wasn't loading then claimed to have a scan to verify this. It wasn't true. His first name was Simone. That's all he would give me. This is what happens when someone SAYS you have malware, you mess up your website trying to find something that doesn't exist. The site is running and I am going to have them run it again. If they say it has malware again I'm going to hire someone to find it. If they find nothing google adwords should reimburse me for the money spent and money lost for not having my ads running. So frustrated. This is what happens when the obviously outsource their phone personal to another country.

Site suspended (malware)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was from the google console. So its google's own scan that says its malware free. I'm not calm lol. Google is such a huge company, why are they outsourcing their customer service to India or where ever who obviously need training and are just winging it. I feel lied to. When they say there is malware it causes people to delete things etc and actually mess stuff up. Causes sleepless nights trying to find it...fix it. Then when you know why your site is now down (from the evening priors attempts to fix what I don't believe is anything wrong) they say things like "server compromise" again making something up that doesn't exist. "Definitely from malware". My security plug in caused the site to go down. I uninstalled and reinstalled that plug in and we are fine. It warned me it might do that before I applied the setting. It wasn't a server compromise or malware, but they said it was. That to me is concerning. They said they have a team that scans my site, but that they can't speak directly with them. That also I believe is untrue. They are bots that scan more than likely. I remain frustrated and having spent $1000's on google adwords feel ripped off by their "support".

Site suspended (malware)

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

Sometimes it's not your site that's the issue, but sites linked to, or links to infected downloadable content. If you are having trouble finding the issue, then contacting Google support may help point you in the right direction. Of course, someone has to put in the time to find the issue, so it may take a while.

Tom

Site suspended (malware)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you solved it? I have the same problem and cant solve. But there is a curious thing here... I have deleted all public_HTML files and created an simple HTML file with "test" word inside it and asked a re-check for google adwords suport, but even with no wordpress files on there, still acusing infection in a dynamic wordpress related URL. How is it possible?

Despite this every other site scans said it is clean. Also there is no results for any blacklist request.

I also restored old client's account bkp, from may 2017 and ran all tests again, everything shows that is clear but when I send ads to review, they come back alerting the same problem, but I need waiting till tomorow to talk with ads suport again.

Could be something on googles cache now? Since I have restored old backup? My problem started on november 1st after site maintence and upgrade.

Thanks for your atention.

Site suspended (malware)

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’