AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended due to malware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site was hacked and malwareplaced on it.  As is correct, the site was suspended amd google had a malware notice up.  I have cleaned the site, got the malware notice removed throght google webmaster tools, but how do I get the site suspension lifted in adwords to allow my ads to resume?  I can only see a link for removal of ad suspensions, not site suspensions

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LippiOnline
September 2015

Re: Site suspended due to malware

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi LippiOnline,

If you take a look at this page, Google shares some resources for not only checking your site but re-submitting your site for review.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1308246

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello LippiOnline;

Did you receive an email from AdWords, as well, that the AdWords account had been suspended?

Reading your question, my understanding is, that you stopped the AdWords campaign the moment you were notified on a malware, and that the AdWords account was not suspended at any point (due to landing page violation).

If so, why won't you just resume the campaign?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LippiOnline
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi LippiOnline,

If you take a look at this page, Google shares some resources for not only checking your site but re-submitting your site for review.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1308246

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yep, my adword account was ok, the campaign stopped but the campaigns I tun for 4 other sites were ok.  Just the first time I have been hacked (heh, had websites since the days of Netscape and turning off images to speed up downloads.)  The most irritating part of this is that its not even mine, but one I am managing for a friend, its a hosting company I have always been reluctant to use (and their inaility to properly police their servers and have decent security means I will not use them anytime in the future and will be recommending that my friend move to the hosting company I mormally recommend)

So, the malware is removed, google has removed the malware notifcation in search engines, I'm jus stuck trying to get the site suspension removed from google ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, thanks.  Yep, I used stopbadware as part of cleaning the site up. it was just the link to review by Google adwords I hadn't found.  Thanks for that one

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So ; If the account is OK , and never been  suspended by Google, why do you need to contact Google?. Just resume / reactivate the campaign

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You cannot resume the campaign while the site is listed as suspended.  Thus the question here- how d I get the suspension lifted from a site. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again LippiOnline;

Something is unclear : You said that the Google had removed the site warning:

"the malware is removed, google has removed the malware notifications in search engines,"

If Google removed its warning you should be OK. Alternatively, you can re-submit your site for review using webmaster tools.

Check this link by Google webmaster tools :Request reconsideration of your site:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did all that- seems the review for adwords is not dependent on the general malware review in webmaster tools.  I submitted via the link supplied above and the ads were reinstated.  Maybe it was just coincedence and the malware review from google webmaster just took time to refresh into adwords, either way the site is backup and only minor fixes are needed to get it back to normal.

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Lippi,

I think the malware status in AdWords is dependent on the general web one, but it can lag a bit, which would explain what you saw.  I'm glad your ads are back up!

Laura

AdWords engineer