AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended due to malware

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site is: <edited by Community Manager>

Today I received a message informing me that my site has been suspended due to Malware.

I have checked in Google Webmaster Tools and also with the Google Safe SefeBrowsing tool and they both come back clean.

I have also scanned the site with several different malware scanning tools and they too have all come back clean.

Where do I go from here?

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site suspended due to malware

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting your question. 

On our malware policy page, it says we do not allow malware from:

• Sites infected with malware
  • Sites that install malware on a visitor's computer
  • Sites that incorporate content (images, Flash, iframes, etc.) from infected sites
  • Sites that redirect to domains containing malware

From what you have described, it sounds like you have only checked your site. I would check the other 4 points as well such as the images and links even links that redirect somewhere.

Let me know if you have additonal questions.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have checked all external links on the website and they are clean to. We have been top to bottom and nothing is appearing as Malware. Please can you explain why we are suspended, or even show us what is wrong.

We have resubmitted the campaign once already be concerned that you will block our whole account if you still think it has Malware, when it doesn't. Can someone please look into this!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I will refer your post to our support team. They can take a look at your account with you and may be able to help you with the problem. 

Keep a look out for an email from "adwords-support". If you do not see an email check in your spam box. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea
We are also having the same issue with 2 of our client accounts. We get an email saying there is Malware, but when we check Google Webmaster it is completely clean with no errors or issues. Like Tim, we are concerned that the accounts will be shut down for no apparent reason. We have contacted the web company and they have checked everything as well, and nothing untoward has been found.
Please can you assist.
Thanks, Steve

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm currently experiencing the same issue with a site we manage. Everything looks clean (including Google Webmaster tools), but they are telling us that two pages are still infected. I can't find any malicious code in those pages that are causing the problem or scripts attached to those pages that would be giving us trouble as well. They told us exactly what was happening, but I can't find anything to back that up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On this occasion we found out that the server had been infected with malware and that it was attempting to display ads only once to an IP address every 24 hours, which is why we could not replicate the issue and most malware scans came back clean. We ended up replacing the server which resolved the issue.

Site suspended due to malware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

My site has had the same issue.  I was shutdown for two weeks.  When Google cleared me they said it was a system error.  All the momentum of my ad campaign was lost and it was very frustrating.  It just happened again today.  Malware or unwanted Software.  When it was lifted last time there was really no explanation or compensation. 

One thing we are looking at now is our APIs. If you read in Adwords under "Malware or unwanted software" it says:  "failing to properly use publicly available Google APIs when interacting with Google services or products" We now have our IT people going through the site again.  Last time we wasted days on this and found nothing.  I wish you luck!  Let me know what you find.

I'll Do the Same,

Pat

-Pat