AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended - called Google, they keep telling me different things

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've a landing page built for a personal trainer here in Las Vegas. The site ran for a little while, got maybe about 50 impressions, and then got suspended for violating the "User safety" landing page policy.

There was nothing misleading in my landing page that I was aware of, so I called Google and spoke with a nice guy that told me I needed to add something about the risks of exercising to be transparent with the user. I also changed a line referring to the trainer as the "#1 Rated Personal Trainer in Las Vegas" so that it woudln't be misleading.

I added the risks of exercise information (oddly enough, no other personal training advertisement has this on their page) and called Google back. This time I got a really rude woman, acting like she didn't want to even be on the phone, tell me this: "You have to make some changes to your site but I can't tell you what to change because I don't know what to change."

This doesn't really help me. Judging from the amount of time she put me on hold, I can tell she didn't even review my site. Too bad I wasn't able to do the survey for her. She said remove any unrealistic guarantees on the site but as far as I can tell, there are none.

The beofre & after photos are real. The testimonials are real. Everything is legit.

Can someone here please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this page because I just don't see it? lasvegasfatloss.com/personal-trainer

To top it off, I just got an email that said "any additional violations will result in the suspension" of my adwords account. What the hell? 

I'd gladly fix whatever they wanted me to fix if they just pointed out what the problem is!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site suspended - called Google, they keep telling me different things

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jasonlv,

They're not going to tell you what to change...that's quite rare and just not how they work.  You have to interpret the policies you have violated quite broadly and expect that anything remotely close to 'unrealistic claims' can be considered just that, unrealistic.

We here on the community have previously and occasionally been successful in helping folks edit their sites to comply with the 'User Safety' policies.

If you want to post your site here, someone can take a look and make some suggestions for you.

Just a thought.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Site suspended - Personal trainer

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello jasonlv; welcome:

Ohhh.... Training / exercise websites advertised on Adwords...Smiley Happy They are a real challenge because they are on the "borderline" of "moderate diet" compared with getting "six-pack fast"....Smiley Wink

When you mentioned the "before and after " and "the risks of exercising to be transparent with the user" - I immediately recalled a long discussion we had with a British personal l trainer, where I showed that his exercise routine and diet were unrealistic (hence violated AdWords Policy)

Read this discussion. And provide us with a link to your web site:

No ads showing for "how to get a six pack"

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. The link to the personal trainer landing page is http://lasvegasfatloss.com/personal-trainer

I'm going to go through that other "how to get a six pack" thread now. I really appreciate the help from everyone, hopefully I can get this fixed save the page!

Thank you again.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The other thread is already shedding some light. My landing page comments on "fad" diets like HCG, etc., and how they're no good... I wonder if calling these diets out (even though it's in a negative way) is raising flags on their end as if I'm promoting them perhaps?

If this was the case, woudl it still fall under the "User safety" policy?

Re: Site suspended - advertising moderate diet and exercise

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi jasonlv;

I went through your site and checked some of the numbers (85 lbs in 9 months , 26 lbs in 3 months) - they are reasonable for moderate diet

I am referring the case to Google for a re-check of the landing page

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I went over and over the page to find something hidden... there were references to junk "fad" diets that I just pulled out completely to ensure that I wasn't inadvertently including a banned supplement.

Hopefully everything is okay now, I'll let you guys know what happens! Thank you again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just got an email from Google. They're saying the page still isn't compliant. Could it be the testimonials? Are they too exaggerated? I can't really see anything else I'm doing wrong on the page. Any other ideas guys?

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your email.

First of all! Apologies for the delayed response. I am Vasudeva from the Google AdWords team and I am here to assist you with your queries. Hope this email finds you well!

Jason, from your email I understand that you are concerned about your website being disabled. I also understand that your website is legitimate and it is all providing the information about Dan Eiden who is a real person and a Trainer. 

But, as per our policies your website is found to be in violation of our User Safety policy.

Per this policy, Google AdWords doesn't allow sites that promote unrealistic claims or promises with little to no effort. This includes:

- The promotion of scientifically improbable claims. "Scientifically improbable" for our purposes refers to a claim that – based on scientific fact – is highly unlikely to deliver on its promise (e.g. "lose 30 pounds in a week")

- The promise of exaggerated results (e.g. "guaranteed," "permanent," etc.) with little effort, time, or money required

- The promotion of cures for incurable ailments

- Testimonials that claim specific results without including a relevant disclaimer

Sites suspended for this policy can often come into compliance by making sure the site content is:

- Clear about how the advertised product or service works

- Transparent about the difference between intended and typical results if there is one. The use of disclaimers about typical results is a great way to accomplish this

- Free of exaggerated or outrageous claims, including exaggerated claims in testimonials

- Up front about any risks involved in using your product

For more information about our User Safety policy, please see: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310877&guide=1308243&page=guide.c...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again;

• I did not see 30 lbs in a week - do you have that? (I saw only 26 lbs in 12 weeks and 85 lbs in 9 months)
  • As far as testimonials? Are these real patients / clients of yours? (Include a reference to their State/ town).
  • Put some info and be real about the efforts required by your client ( hours of exercise per week)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, nothing about 30 pounds in a week at all. The testimonials are real clients of his.

There is a reference to Las Vegas Nevada right next to their names too.

I think adding more about what the program is would be helpful, I'll add a "how does it work?" section and try to clarify everything there.

Thanks!