AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended Site policies: Malware

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We keep getting notified that "your sites violates our advertising policies." The policy violation being "Malicious or Unwanted Software". Each time I fill out the form to have google check the site as we think it is an error, we get back: "Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. Only to be disapproved the next day. This is the 5th time I've gone through this and I have checked the site for malware... there is nothing there. We don't know what to do at this point. Seams we are in an endless loop of being approved and then disapproved. In the meantime the ads are not running so we are getting no clicks. What can we do to find out how to fix the issue? We don't want to have to put the old site back up.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove an account ID, and a link which has the potential to put other members at risk. As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are suspected of - or flagged as having - Malware or other malicious content.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site suspended Site policies: Malware

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
There are two things that might be triggering this apparent false positive. On your contact page, when you view source there is the map authorization from https://www.hostingreviews.website/google-maps-authorization.js?id=f280f922-c16b-4fa2-feae-32b27a5c9...

You should be using your own key for the map embeds - I have seen this trigger alerts in the past from Google. Try changing the map embed (https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144361?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)

Second, you are generating your footer copyright with a JavaScript document.write. As stupid as this sounds, I had a client who had a similar document.write script for his email address that set off a malicious error for several weeks. We removed it and detection stopped. Try switching this to the PHP version directly in the PHP file (&copy; <?php echo date("Y") ?>

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Mary
Has the site been cleared by webmaster tools? (On the Google Search console)
Submit this clearance to support
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm on my Google Search Console and I don't see any webmaster tools. Can you be more specific?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you I will try these fixes!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Here you are;
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/hacked/docs/request_review?hl=en&rd=1
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Authentication Failed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a topic& now I can't even reply to the answers that are posted... Google says "Authentication Failed" [censored] Google. You are ruining my business and blocking me from receiving help.

Site suspended Site policies: Malware
Mary M
We keep getting notified that "your sites violates our advertising policies." The policy violation being "Malicious or Unwanted Software". Each time I fill out the form to have google check the site as we think it is an error, we get back: "Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies: Customer ID: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. Only to be disapproved the next day. This is the 5th time I've gone through this and I have checked the site for malware... there is nothing there. We don't know what to do at this point. Seams we are in an endless loop of being approved and then disapproved. In the meantime the ads are not running so we are getting no clicks. What can we do to find out how to fix the issue? We don't want to have to put the old site back up.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which has the potential to put other members at risk. As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are suspected of - or flagged as having - Malware or other malicious content.

In addition, an Account ID has also been removed. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is that the page is approved after review and the disapproved the next day. This has been going on for over a week and Google is not helping me in any way. The site has NO MALICIOUS SOFTWARE on it. it is cleared by Google as such and then disapproved again. I am at a loss and my client is loosing business. Not good for my business or his.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried these fixes and was approved and then disapproved again the next day (today) Client is loosing patience it's been over a week of being approved then disapproved and the client is loosing business because his ads are not running.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I checked the reports and they say that there is no issues. Yet Google has disapproved the site.