AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site refused due to email harvesting, any help?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been going in circles with google ad words support for about a month. They make it quite hard for you to give them money Smiley Happy

My site is a launchrock site to announce my product. These are quite common and the let people subscribe to newsletters at the bottom to get more info. I don't have a lot of flexibility in changing the website without setting up my own hosting, so I'm a little stuck.

The site is http://peep.gs

I've been suspended over and over again even after I keep applying fixes (privacy policy, give more business details, explain how I charge them, business model, etc, etc). My latest rejection has been that since I'm not selling the product through the site, I cannot have a newsletter signup. I'm not exaggerating when I say this has gone through a dozen or more changes just to satisfy adwords. I'm ready to give up.

To do a successful kickstarter, you need to gauge interest and grow your newsletter subscribers. It looks like adwords is not an advertising business that will support that. What other advertisers can I use that will allow my site?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site refused do to email harvesting, any help?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well....

Your site violates both the information harvesting section and the bridge section of the policy.

Without making the necessary changes, you will not be able to promote it. These are the ground rules for advertising with Google. Either you follow them, or you find other platforms  to promote the site.  Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Site refused do to email harvesting, any help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, but I disagree on my site violating the bridge section (this is the first time that has been mentioned - no one at google has mentioned that, yet).

You'll find the only link on the page is to my privacy policy and having a video I feel makes the page pass the 'little or no content' rule. There is no way on the page to get to another site, thus no bridge.