AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site policy: website can't be advertised Site policies: Usefulness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's been 2+ weeks and adwords customer service has given me no clear response as to why my site is still violating usefulness standards (I call every 1-2 days). I'm at my wit's end, please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Site policy: website can't be advertised Site policies: Usefulness

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
The only issue I can see is the pop -up of collecting personal information upon landing on the page
Remove it and resubmit the site.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
littleblackabaya.com thanks for looking into this!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
The only issue I can see is the pop -up of collecting personal information upon landing on the page
Remove it and resubmit the site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Am I having the same issue since I am asking for a registration?

http://www.primetransformation.com/event-registration/

Thanks Moshe!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Courtney,

There are lot of issue on your website which violates adwords policies. Some general violations may include:

• Privacy policy, terms and conditions etc on the landing page.
  • Misrepresentation of self, product or service.
  • Irresponsible data collection and use.
  • Else some restrictions for Health-care related content:

Google restricts the promotion of healthcare-related content such as the following:

• over-the-counter medication
  • prescription medication and information about prescription medication
  • online and offline pharmacies
  • pregnancy and fertility-related products and services
  • medical services and procedures
  • medical devices and tests
  • clinical trial recruitment
  • sexual enhancement treatments

The restrictions that apply to this content may vary depending on the product or service that you're promoting and the countries that you're targeting. Some content, such as unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements, can't be promoted anywhere.

Depending on the content that you're promoting and the countries where your ads appear, you may need to apply for pre-authorization with Google before advertising healthcare-related content.

Go through the adwords policies

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay we're personal health coaches, so I think I'll have to fix the message so it reflects our compliance correctly.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Yes. Though you can use some forms on your landing page to collect user informations and it is not an illegal activity but there are some policies for this including misleading/misguiding content, disclaimer, T & C, privacy policies mentioning why you want to collect information about the user, not to share that info with any other 3rd party, using trademark and copyright and a lot more.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Courtney R;

Please open a new thread for your case not to "intercept " with the topic of this thread. Include in your post the URL and the reason for suspension mentioned in Google's email. 

Thanks;