AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site not working suspension for site that's always been working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had our advertising suspended for "Site not working".

The problem is - the site has never not been working, and we've never been advised by AdWords that they thought it wasn't.

We put in some new campaigns yesterday, which were fine - no warnings about the site.

Late yesterday evening, all the campaigns were suspended.

We've reached out to support multiple times who have no ability to resolve the issue. All we can do is request a review.

I'm dumbfounded that this needs a "review" - it's a very simple test - is the site working, or not?

Does anybody know how to get this resolved?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site not working suspension for site that's always been working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies for not being clear.

'Site not working' = site offline

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again @Troy K;

"Site not working" is a code by Google for various issues. A paused campaign, though not active is checked (including the landing page).

So the key is to figure which campaign and which landing page are in violation;

This is mentioned in the email sent,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By way of further explanation - in speaking with an AdWords manager.

Somebody in the review team has marked our website as being in "maintenance" - and thus they have marked it as offline.

The site was not and is not offline - it's been live since before the ad's were posted.

The fact that there is zero AdWords support over the weekend is also a huge concern for us. If we are looking at the sort of financial commitment we need to make to digital advertising - to be able to have somebody click the wrong button and go home for the weekend - taking ALL of our advertising offline - that is a serious issue.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @MosheTLV

Therein lies my problem... There is nothing in the email. (see below) And the interface simply says "Site suspended".

Site policy: website can't be advertised: We've determined that your site
doesn't comply with our site policies. Because of this, any ads promoting
this site have been disapproved. 

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 10.39.26 PM.png

The chat support says that the "Site is offline". Which, it's not ever been since it's inception (I even have uptime charts to prove it).

The crazy thing is (apart from the fact the site has never been offline) - once somebody at AdWords marks a site offline at close of business on Friday and then goes home - there's not a person within all of Google that can turn it back on until that team returns on a Monday.

And that's what drives my concern that AdWords is just not a viable platform to advertise on. If we have a critical campaign, and this mistake is made again (without consultation or advice it's important to turn out - we were never advised at any point in time that our site was marked offline) - we would again have to wait 72 hours for restoration.

Google gets so much so right, but from what I can tell - get's all of this so so very wrong.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Plese share the website URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV the site is Aicial 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I cannot look at the site because it requires to be granted access, which is, itself,  a violation  of the information hraveting clause. ( A site which its primary goal is to collect personal info)

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hmmm... I can access the site - actually just scroll down - but there is a button to request access in the viewport - that could be the misleading issue - but I doubt it.

The site does ask people if they want to request access - to become a founder (I assume investor) but this in itself I would not have thought would be reason sufficient to breach policy.

@MosheTLV - are you seeing the rest of the site? Or is there some kind of country block?

The site does have a request access form and the rest of the site is a single page - to Google's bots eyes this could be interpreted as a splash page which harvests the email to get access to any further information.

I suspect that a manual (human) review may get the suspension lifted.

Don't be too harsh on Google - they're damned if they do, damned if they don't - and they give their humans the weekend off. I know there are arguments both ways and there are some weekends (Black Friday springs to mind as does Christmas and New Year!) where they might make an exception... but it's not the end of the world. I'm sure you can get this sorted on Monday (unless you're where I am, it's a holiday here Monday, too!)