AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site linking to disapproved content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does Google have a problem with a site linking to another site that has content that violates their Adwords policies?

I'll be creating an Adwords account for a retailer. The site I'll be advertising does not violate Adwords policies. However the retailer has another site where they sell novelty fireworks, not allowed by Google, and they link to that site from the main site. Will Google have a problem with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Site linking to disapproved content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes I expect Google will have a problem with this because it evaluates the quality of the eventual detination URL that your user is likely to arrive on, not just the destination URL that you enter.

Also, what are you going to put in your ads if it isn't fireworks? Just the other stuff?

If I was you I'd just avoid trying to do anything dubious as I find that Google always catches up with you, and when it does the consequences are often serious and irreversible.

All the best

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes I expect Google will have a problem with this because it evaluates the quality of the eventual detination URL that your user is likely to arrive on, not just the destination URL that you enter.

Also, what are you going to put in your ads if it isn't fireworks? Just the other stuff?

If I was you I'd just avoid trying to do anything dubious as I find that Google always catches up with you, and when it does the consequences are often serious and irreversible.

All the best

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The ads will be for the site that is not selling novelty fireworks so none of the ads will have anything to do with fireworks. I'm very aware that Google doesn't allow advertising fireworks.