AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site keeps getting flagged for malware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client's AdWords campaign for raftthecanyon.com keeps getting suspended for Malware. It was reapproved, and then suspended again a few days later. It's a WordPress site and I've scrubbed everything, manually replaced the core files, checked the theme files, reloaded the plugins and confirmed there's no malware. The only red flags we get is that some plugins reference the URL "g.co" which is owned by Google and is apparently on several blacklists. What can we do to resolve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Most of the times these plugins are actually the root cause of malware infections and if Google is flagging them, then you will have to get some alternative or work around to fix that. My suggestion would be first completely fix your site and then submit for a review so that Google can give it a green signal.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It just seems odd that the only red flag is a domain that's owned by Google and that nothing shows up in Search Console.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You will have to manually clean the infected files or you could use some third party software to find the infection and take action otherwise the site will keep getting suspended, which is not good.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue with one of my wordpress sites. I have been through everything on the site and there is no malware on the site. I have contacted a google rep and they assured me the site was fine. Then a week later AdWords starting kicking us off again. This has been going on for 7 months. I can not get any answers. My site is completely clean.  

Re: Site keeps getting flagged for malware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I crawled through all of my pages, and there was a widget from Trip Advisor
that was running some JavaScript in one of my sidebars. This was causing
AdWords to freak out (3rd party script). I removed it, got reapproved, and
haven't had an issue since then. I wish I could use it while I was running
ad campaigns tho.