AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site disapproved for framing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with SearchWinterHavenHomes.com  it was disapproved for "framing" but we're not framing anything. I'm confused.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site disapproved for framing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Asking for a personal information (e.g. user's email) in exchange for a free gift - is not allowed.
I don't think you can promote this business model on Google.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV....What does that have to do with Framing?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
@Dean

Sometimes you the wrong reason for disapproval can be sent. I didn't see any kind of frame on your site.

@MosheTLV do you have link to the information harvesting guideline? I've seen 3rd parties say it's against policy, but I cannot find it anywhere on the official guidelines support page. A search takes me here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en but it doesn't address this issue. I've never been a fan of this strategy, and I have one client currently insisting on it. I'd like to show them Google's official stance on the practice.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@David K;

This falls under: "Irresponsible data collection & use"

"https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020956?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’