AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspension Hell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am having a nightmare getting my site unsuspended.  I am being told it's because there is a link on my site that leads to a domain that is not my own.  

Let me be clear, there is nothing wrong with my actual landing page but I am being told that my account cannot run because it violates the Adwords policy on landing pages that are bridge pages.  When asking for an explanation I am told that because a user can click off my landing page to browse other content on my site and after several clicks can reach a page where there is a link to another website, this means that the landing page I am advertising with Adwords is a bridge page?!?!?!

The page in question, which again is not the landing page I'm advertising with Adwords, has a review on a free online course and a link to allow users to visit the course homepage for more info.  They agree that this page provides the user with useful, unique and original content but because there is a link to a domain that isn't mine then I'm violating Adwords policy?!?!?!

I've asked them to show me the part of the policy which refers to no links to outside domains being permitted on any page of the website and they refuse.  This has been going on for weeks and I'm getting nowhere.  Can anyone offer me any advice to help me move beyond this impasse?

Thanks in advance

Daisy Smiley Frustrated

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Suspension Hell

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Daisy,
Kindly share URLs which you are targeting and which are violating google norms.

Thanks
Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vivek,

This is an example of the problems I am having and the convoluted re-configurations I've tried to appease Adwords Support . One of the landing pages I'm advertising is www.freecourse.decisions-decisions.com

When a user went to this page they were able to click and go straight from here to the course homepage (not my domain) but I was told this wasn't permitted as it violated bridge page policy, even though my landing page was offering the user valuable content that they agreed was otherwise compliant.

So instead when a user clicked the link on my landing page I am advertising they were taken to another page on my website, that I'm not advertising, where they could get more information (my domain) and from there they could click to the course homepage (not my domain). Still they are saying that because my website contains a link to a domain that isn't mine, the landing page I am advertising is a bridge page and therefore in violation of Adwords Policy.

Thanks for your advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another example would be a page as above but instead of clicking to go to the course homepage (not my domain) I would capture an opt-in. On my thank you page I would say something 'thanks for signing up, the info you requested is being sent to you, if you want to go to the course homepage now click this link'. And again my site would be suspended as this thank you page (that I'm obviously not advertising) is a bridge page therefore the landing page I am advertising is in violation of the Adwords policy. Others have said this is not only wrong but utterly crazy. I can't find anything in the policy to say this is not permitted. What should I do?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Daisy,
What I am able to find that you are using http://9nl.at/7yff to redirect your freecourse.decisions-decisions.com/website-2 page through Cnvrsns.clickmeter.com I will suggest you to bypass referral links and direct use your url http://freecourse.decisions-decisions.com/website-2. You can also use UTM code to track your referral traffic.
I think that will help you to advertise into google.

Thanks
Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I've tried that - no luck! The problem isn't that link, they are picking up on the link to the course homepage (which isn't on my domain) on the page after the landing page. I have been told that I cannot have any links to another domain anywhere on my website (that includes AdSense banners!!!). Even if the landing page I'm advertising has no links to other domains, that doesn't matter. I have to remove all links on my website that lead to other domains before they will unsuspend my account. They cannot show me anything in the policy to back up their position and will not budge from this position. I'm stuck.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi daisy,

You can run adsense on your adwords landing page.
And regarding your other links issue you will definitely get a solution from community experts.
Please wait for experts' suggestions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit. I know that they are wrong and the AdSense example just proves how wrong they are! But when they hold the power and they are saying no, what can you do? I really hope someone can help me out. This is so frustrating and really stopping me from growing my business and ultimately giving AdWords more money!!!

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
I understand this annoying situation when you stuck out to a situation and getting unsatisfactory solutions and explanations behind the issue.

hopefully better explanations will be there.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit. I hope so - this has been going on since February! I'm about to lose my mind!