AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

First, it is ridiculous that Adwords will not tell you specifically why they suspended your site. How am I supposed to fix it if you don't let me know what exactly needs to be fixed? It's not like I'm trying to duck the system. Unless it interferes with our core branding, we would change pretty much anything needed to be changed. We just need to know what needs to be changed. This course of action by Adwords is baffling. What poor, poor customer service.

Now, to our issue. We're a local natural weight loss clinic. When we first set up our website, we had a lot of guarantees. Without knowing this was against the rules, we started running Adwords. Of course, not too far along, they suspended our site. We scrubbed the ENTIRE site of any type of guarantee. Our site is now about as vague as vague can get and then we were approved and have been running the same ad ever since.

Fast forward to 2 days ago, we get suspended again. The site is suspended according to Adwords. I call in and the rep tells me the site was suspended for making guarantees. Again, we scrubbed our site of guarantees 6 months ago. So, I ask him exactly what guarantees and he says he has no idea. He says there is a screenshot of the homepage but not much more information than that. I look over the homepage, nothing. He says he will send me an email with his recommendations. Never got the email.

I call back in today, get a nice lady and she tells me the same thing. She gives me 2 examples that are not guarantees by any stretch of the imagination but says maybe those triggered it. I remove them because, again, we want to be in compliance. She has since sent it back up for review and we'll see what happens.

Our website is here. I would love any feedback you guys can give.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

This was a solution from a similar thread:

To find out what policy your site doesn't follow, look at the "Status" column on your account's Ads tab. Hover over the white speech bubble Ad disapproval bubble next to "Disapproved" and click the disapproval reason to learn more about the policy.

make necessary changes

and then request site review
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/site_policy

Hope this helps

- Stephen

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I was looking for specifics but I did do all of that. Again, Google is really vague about all of this.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I didn't receive an email. Is there a way to resend it?

I can't post the URL again from the quick editor but it is there in the first post.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Joshua Mackens

Well... I looked briefly at your site (a full review is labor intensive and is beyond our scope here)

You should remember  that when promoting weight loss,  all claims MUST be within the common and acceptable  scientific practice  / approach: that is:  exercise and a moderate diet.

Though the huge progress, science has  made, in the last decade,  in understanding  the bio-physical processes within the body responsible for overweight or weight loss, yet (currently)  science does not offer another way to lose weight, rather than exercise and a moderate diet.... 

Your claims IMHO are too aggressive (e.g   "turn your body into a fat burning machine, No exercise or strenuous dieting is required, The fat virtually melts away with ease".... And many more.)

My view: the content of this site has to be completely revamped and re-written, before it could be advertised again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Well, I call BS on "Our FDA-approved supplements" -- the FDA doesn't approve supplements. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm047470.htm

Face, you probably are a scam. Anybody who uses that many words to say so little is suspicious.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Michael Bauser

I wouldn't call it a scam.... The intent is legit, and the business goal is also a legit one, the content - I agree - is aggressive.... 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Moshe, thanks for your help. I guess there's a fine line to walk between branding and marketing message and what Google will allow you to say and still be a part of their advertising network. I'll review these with the owners. Thanks for your recommendations!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Looking at your site, there was nothing specific that popped out, but since you are dealing with Google Pharma/Supplement policy it could be something incredibly minor. I have a client who sells supplements and they've had a ceramic neti pot, with the title and description simply saying "ceramic neti pot" disapproved for going on three years. Judging from the posts here it looks like you've edited some of the claims on the site to make them more palatable to Google, and that's a good step. But the fact is that Google's pharma and supplement policy is fundamentally broken, and it has been for years.

Google pharma policy automation is very broken, and Google does not have the ability to override it. They also use www.LegitScript.com as a resource and to run supplements through, and that site is full of misinformation and does not function the way google seems to think it does; Google runs individual ingredients through LegitScript, but LS only reviews and has records of individual supplement products, not the ingredients themselves. So if you happen to mention an supplement ingredient on a page that happens to be in a supplement sold in Malaysia that shares the same ingredient as another supplement made in Thailand that also has a different ingredient in it that is illegal for sale only in Japan, your product and ads will get disapproved by Google Policy Automation. On top of that, I have yet to see any indication that they have anyone on the policy team with an understanding of supplementation, diet, and exercise, so the application of the policy when they do manual reviews is haphazard at best.

Since the policy automation is so fundamentally broken for this field, if nothing else works you could try starting a new adwords account. From what I've seen, once you get disapproved under the pharma policy the adwords account is essentially permanently marked and it seems to take an act of God to change that even if you change everything on the site. Wish i had better feedback but this is a longstanding area where Google has been completely dropping the ball and hasn't had any solution for in years.