AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended " Sale of free items and official services"

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I have a client who's site has been suspended due to the sale of free items and official services policy.

The service provided is for applying for ESTA visas for entry to the US.

There is a $14 fee for this application so I don't understand how it can be in breach of this policy. There are also a lot of other advertisers providing the same service and are all seem to be running OK.

Could someone please have a look at (site removed)  and let me know if they can spot anything that might be in breach of this policy?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Site Suspended " Sale of free items and official services"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello purefuzz;

I had a similar case:

• Your site should have a clear disclaimer that the site is NOT associated with the US government, and is a private company. This disclaimer should be easily observed by any user
  • The site should clearly state that it sells guidance / information/ help services on the process of applying for a US visa. Your clients do not charge for forms - Does he?

If you follow these I think your site will fall into the following category:

Government form information Allowed Google allows the promotion of sites that provide information about government forms.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Purefuzz,

Although I might be wrong here but it has been suspended because the form by US Government is $14 however your client charges $49 - http://www.nationalvisas.com/visitor/estamoreinfo.htm

According to the sale of free items and official services "Google doesn't allow the promotion of sites that charge for government forms that are free or available for a lower price on the government site". Here, I think if your cilent would mention that they charge $35 as consultation fee, you might be able to advertise as against the current information in the website which says $49 for successful application.

Hope this might help you out.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi NeetiGildiyal,

Thanks for your reply. They also provide additional services and advice in the event that the person is not eligible so it's handling a process as well as additional services if needed.

Maybe we need to make this more clear and it might go through.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello purefuzz;

I had a similar case:

• Your site should have a clear disclaimer that the site is NOT associated with the US government, and is a private company. This disclaimer should be easily observed by any user
  • The site should clearly state that it sells guidance / information/ help services on the process of applying for a US visa. Your clients do not charge for forms - Does he?

If you follow these I think your site will fall into the following category:

Government form information Allowed Google allows the promotion of sites that provide information about government forms.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks MosheTLV,

I'm passing this advice on to my client and our reps at Google to see if this will get the problem solved.

Cheers for the helpful info.