AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended: Usefulness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been trying to get a couple of ads going in AdWords but all my ads are disapproved for the following reason:

Reasons
Ad policies
  • Usefulness

The website is www.restlessbandit.com and the product is an HR Recruiting software. Can someone please explain to me why they think my ads won't be approved?

Thank you!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Your landing page must have  added value content to users. The landing must clearly reflect the  business model about the service promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Google wants you to use a different landing page. And if I was a searcher, I agree. As a landing page, your home page is very confusing and offers no clear indication of the product you are promoting. It is in your best interest, and Google's, to have a landing page that offers more information. 

(It also looks like a very bare lead capture form, and these are unacceptable - a Googler might not have spent more than a moment checking your site, as they have thousands to check every day).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for your responses!

Just to reiterate, the landing page needs to state what the product is... although one of the links of the website gives that information (https://www.restlessbandit.com/how-it-works). Does that mean it must explicitly be stated that "Restless Bandit is an HR Recruiting Software Company"? 

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Use either of these pages:

http://www.restlessbandit.com/how-it-works
http://www.restlessbandit.com/why-talent-rediscovery

and everything should be OK. Your home page is terrible (in my opinion only of course) and adding a sentence to it won't help you in AdWords or with organic visitors.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Emy W

When a user lands on a  landing page, he/she should  be able to (clearly) understand what is offered (e.g. Product description)  by whom (e.g. About us)  and at what cost (e.g. Pricing).  This 3 pillars  of a "landing page content"   are missing  from your home page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Emy W,

Rob & Moshe have already provided excellent help with your inquiry so I will attempt to add value here by adding that many retailers and advertising companies create a completely new webpage to be used as the landing page of advertising campaigns. Many will actually make one for a TV campaign, one for Magazine ads, and one for digital advertising, such as AdWords. This allows the message to custom-tailored and performance tracked easily.

When it comes to AdWords landing pages, this information should be utilized. I also agree that the front page of the website needs help not only for advertising but for organic (free) listings in the SERPs (search engine results pages).

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your replies. It has been extremely helpful! 

As a new AdWords (and SEM learner) user, I am wondering what kind of resources you'd recommend I utilize to better understand the best practices?