AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended - Sale of free items and official services

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a website which adheres to all the rules and guidelines given under the section "Sale of Free items and official services" and subsection "Charging for services associated with products or services that may otherwise be available for free or available from an official form or service" as in the below link https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?rd=1

But the moment I made the campaign live my site got status as "Site Suspended"

Can anyone please help me on this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Suspended - Sale of free items and official services

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Pls share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
it is travel-usa-visa.com. This is new and recently been launched. and while developing, I've tried my best to adhere to each and every quality guideline

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ESTA is simple online form - what is the added value you provide for the customer for $35?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
My additional services are clearly mentioned on the page. I have even designed a table showing the difference

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Since I am familiar with the form - I disagree that you could offer any additional added value to users at this "outrageous" (my opinion) charge of $35

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That's a different issue I believe. It should be decided by the users if the services are expensive or not.

I've clearly mentioned that visitors to my site may also go with US government official website, in fact have give then the direct link as well. I am not at all forcing or misleading the visitors, nor even trying to hiding anything. I've clearly stated the original amount and amount which I charge. So it is upto them if they still want to buy my services at the price I am quoting.

Considering the fact that I've already told them the actual cost of this form and the cost which I charge and the additional services as well, which they'll get by paying the amount I've quoted, Google should not have any problem.

Google doesn't say that you can't charge high, it simply says that we as advertisers should clearly mention the actual cost and the cost we're charging and why we're charging this amount, isn't it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@MosheTLV, I am still awaiting your response

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

the current policy simply states --
"charging users for products or services typically available for free; "
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955

there are no qualifiers.

google is the final arbiter of all policies.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1704383
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2375414

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am not at all "charging users for products or services typically available for free". I am charging for my own services. Whatever is free is still available for free. Even have given the direct link to government (official) site as well.

I have clearly mentioned everything on the landing page. My question is where I am misleading my visitors, or providing false information.