AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended/Ads paused "misleading content"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a notice that my site has been suspended due to "misleading content". When I go into my AdWords manager, I see three ads with a notice which says "site suspended" with the reason as "misleading content/trademarks in ad text - (olympic)". The rest of my ads are paused, with the reason "misleading content". I can't tell from the info provided whether removing the word "olympic" from my ad and landing page are sufficient to fix the whole problem, or if there is other "misleading content" of concern Smiley Sad

I have a 90+ page website with tons of information on it, much of it with study citations. It was designed back in the day when websites were educational rather than promotional, lol. Yes, I know it's "vintage" and needs a big update! The link which Google sent indicating what defines "misleading content" is vague and confusing. This site has been up for over 10 years, and I've been running many of these ads for over 5 years without a problem. I reached out through Google Adwords "help", to request a more specific answer to what needs to be fixed, and have received no response for the last 2 days. I have a very small business and rely heavily on Adwords to generate new customers, so this is distressing to say the least! 

I am highly motivated to comply with the Adwords policies. The information about fixing a "suspended site" is very clear that repeated submittal for review while still in violation can get my account permanently banned, so I don't want to "guess" about what needs to be changed and resubmit without fully understanding the problem. I need some guidance from your team to make the appropriate changes. 

Please help!!!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please share your URL and describe what it is you are promoting in the ad.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Like @RobSkelton said, it's impossible to have any idea what the issue may be without more context and seeing the site.

When it comes to fixing a suspended site, there is some amount of "guessing" involved. What Google really seems to be looking for are good faith efforts in between approval requests to be in compliance. 

Tom

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

typical issues to consider when being flagged for misleading content:
- unclear statements related to identity, qualifications, or licensing;
- unscientific or exaggerated claims, especially health-care related outcomes;
- testimonials without clear and ubiquitous disclaimers;
- unclear offer and acceptance criteria (business-model and pricing details);
- unclear or inaccurate business details or guarantees;
- misuse of official stamps, seals, or names.

these have always been a cornerstone of (bad) content --

regardless of a site's educational or promotional nature --
their enforcement seems to have become more strict
and detection may have improved over the years.

generally, if the website was suspended, then

all such content on the website must be fixed,

based on all current polices, before contacting

google for a review.

of course, posting the specific ad link url and website
url may allow others to offer more specific suggestions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

URL is www.ebtherapy.com
I'm promoting cupping in the ad, offering a 3 visit package at a reduced price. Landing page url is ebtherapy.com/promotions/cupping-package-special.html 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The claims on your site, offering a cure / healing through alternative medical practice, -  are not allowed. The content of your site must be overhauled. Any claim must be within the common acceptable practices in  the medical community about  acupuncture. (e.g could ease / relive / pain...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’