AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Suspended/Ads Disapproved

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I recently started an ad, it was approved for a day and run amazingly surprisingly. But then i got a message for google ads saying the ad was shut down... This is what it said.

Your promotion is not running because your ad was disapproved. - Disapproval reason: Site violates policy.

my website is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Any reason why?

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary URL.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Re: Site Suspended/Ads Disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Taylor W,

From a quick review, it looks like the site is a collection of topics that push traffic to another site, which is to sign up for an affiliate program. There are far too many outside links and affiliate marketing stuff. Ads need to end on a landing page/website that offers a high-quality user experience and does not simply generate traffic for the purpose of pushing them some place else.  

If you think your ad was incorrectly disapproved, or that your website is not as I state above, you can request a review through the Disapproved ads and policy questions form.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Taylor W,

From a quick review, it looks like the site is a collection of topics that push traffic to another site, which is to sign up for an affiliate program. There are far too many outside links and affiliate marketing stuff. Ads need to end on a landing page/website that offers a high-quality user experience and does not simply generate traffic for the purpose of pushing them some place else.  

If you think your ad was incorrectly disapproved, or that your website is not as I state above, you can request a review through the Disapproved ads and policy questions form.

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Or in other words, unless you have a product or service of your own, that generates an income, then you shouldn't be using AdWords.

Providing free information isn't acceptable - Google knows that in the vast majority of cases the purpose is to send visitors elsewhere. This is a not a good user experience for searchers. Google wants searchers to to reach their destination directly through AdWords ads - not via affiliate links and banners on web sites.