AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Site Policy Violation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a campaign for the website tcknifeshop.com. The ads were running before but now they are not running as we are violating the ad policy "Dangerous Knives". But why is that there are other websites that sell the same product but there ads are running. Some of them are knivesshipfree.com, bladehq.com and many more. Is there any thing that we could change in our website that could make the ads run?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ad Policy Violation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Auron!
The pocket knives you sell on your site were considered as dangerous by Google, and in a way they are wrigth. What is defines as dangerous weapon:
The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2 1/2 inches in length.
I can see that many knifes have longer blade than knives qualified as not dangerous.
Anyway any weapon and related staff is a very sensitive area.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Auroin,

I see that your website sells combat knives which I see is in violation of policy. I think (though not sure) Google allows only culinary knives. You can read the policy on the following link.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Thanks,
Rahul

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rahul,

The knives we sell are not generally used for combat. They are collectable pocket knives. But why is that the websites that sell the same product are running ads. Some of them are <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> etc.

Thanks!

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove unnecessary URLs 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Auroin,

I would recommend you to contact the support team to know the specific reason. Regarding the other websites, if you think that they violate the AdWords policy then you can fill the feedback form.

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1

Thanks,
Rahul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rahul,

We have tried contacting adwords support team, but they don't know the specific reason. They also told us to fill the feedback form. But when we try to fill the form then there is an error "Please try reformatting". We have tried removing cookies and even tried on different systems but the same error comes.

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Auron!
The pocket knives you sell on your site were considered as dangerous by Google, and in a way they are wrigth. What is defines as dangerous weapon:
The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2 1/2 inches in length.
I can see that many knifes have longer blade than knives qualified as not dangerous.
Anyway any weapon and related staff is a very sensitive area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kelly,

But why is that others are running the ads. They also sell the same products.
knivesshipfree.com, bladehq.com

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
As Google representative say, they will not comment on why other ads from the same field are running, but you are always welcome to report such ads, they promise to check them and if the ad does not comply with the policy, it will be banned. There are many similar cases discussed here, like:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/quot-dangerous-knives-quot-policy-isn-t-b...

Below is the link to file a comlaint:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en