AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping feed (wrongly?) Suspended Due to (invalid?) DMCA claim.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our shopping feeds were suspended to all countries for almost a full month due to a DMCA claim.

During that time we made daily calls to our merchant centre and sent numerous emails in an attemt to find out what the claim concerned. A reply enabling us to sort the issue came only after 29 days.

We are based in the UK and the US distributor of one of our brands falsely claimed we had no right to use product images.

We have rpermission to use the manufacturers images from the UK distributor and are listed on the manufacturers website as a 'premium dealer'.

Our site is now up without the affected brand and we are trying to get the brand relisted. During the suspension period we lost around $100000 in sales and lost all momentum in the business due to uncertaintly about ever having the suspension removed. We basically had to stop buying new products and getting new brands.

Does anyone from google visit the forum?

Why did google not check with us prior to suspending our feeds?

Why did google suspend every single brand not just the brand with a false DMCA claim?

Why did google not provide an answer for 29 days?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping feed (wrongly?) Suspended Due to (invalid?) DMCA claim.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Michael,

My name is Shanea and I am one of the AdWords Community Managers. I did reach out to the support team and they are the best team to help you in this matter. For your own privacy and protection, we can not deal with private account matters on a public forum. However, I have referred this post to the support team. They should be in contact with you soon.