AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Feed Violation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why do Google let some merchants violate polices but not others? 

You report it but they absolutely nothing about it.

Has anyone else had the same?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Feed Violation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Google does not knowingly let anyone violate the policies anyhow, but yes sometimes something can skip the radar. Obviously, the reasons for it can be varied.

Sharing my personal experience, I have reported a few violations a few times and I have seen actions being taken. However, in some cases, it gets delayed because of review processes. Google goes get at the them Smiley Happy

You have already done your bit by reporting it. Thanks for the same.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for your reply.

It just gets very frustrating especially when I have even spoke to them about it, sent screen shots and links and they assured me action would be taken. That was 6 weeks ago and they are still violating policies.

They are quick enough to call every couple of weeks to try and get you to spend more money!

Just thought I would put this up here just to see if its a common occurrence.

Thanks
Mark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark N.

I too have disputes about how Google ignore the violation forms.
For the last 8 months I have submitted repeated violation forms to Google about 2 merchants who advertise with an unfair price advantage by not displaying product prices on the shopping ads or landing pages with 20% VAT added.
Google states on the shopping ad page: "Google is compensated by these merchants. Payment is one of several factors used to rank these results. Prices shown include VAT and applicable fees. Shipping costs may vary depending on the destination and shipping method selected."
Yet genuine violation requests are ignored and new merchants who do this by accident are suspended without warning.
Again today Google phoned me, as I now refuse to use the violation form as it is worthless so I submit a help ticket in my adwords account instead. Google said that the Shopping Violation Team might be suffering a backlog in requests. My answer to this was "Is an 8 month wait a backlog or a department who operate un-monitored by crisis management?
Like yourself they phone me each month advising me to spend more money.

Regards.

Unipad D

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I recently had all my products in the Merchant Center suspended for only 19 of them that had incorrect shipping cost. This means that out of 9000 plus products in my feed only 2% were bad. Meanwhile I made the fix and its taken over a week for them to review and the rep that I am in touch with cannot give me a straight answer of why its taking so long.

In addition, I have many products which are mistakenly disproved due to policy violation and been in manual review for the past 6 months. I feel like any issue in the Google Merchant Center takes forever to resolve.

My suggestion: be very careful not to get anything disapproved otherwise you'll be waiting and waiting. My products are out of Google Shopping for seven days already...