AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing a Referral Coupon Code for an app I use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've seen some posts about "referral links" not being allowed to be used in ads.

However I'm curious about coupon codes, am I allowed to create a raw paste bin of a coupon code (which benefits me and the user of the code) and advertise this (with no links pointing to other sites, it's a code which is entered at checkout in an app)? Or does this fall under the same "bridge page" criteria?

Just looking for a clear answer on this case since I haven't been able to find one (back in 2011 this kinda thing was pretty common, but I'm wondering if it's against policy now and don't want to break any rules).

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I am not entirely sure about your issue here but I am assuming that you want to publish a coupon code in your ads which can be appliked on one of the apps for discount / offer. I have done this in the past and I have not faced any issues. Not sure if things have changed in last 6 months.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you direct the user to a landing page offering (only) coupons -   of your business  among others -  and the user has to click and is then redirected to another page in order to  reveal the coupon - this falls under bridge page violation

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV There would be no clicking required, the page would literally consist of raw text (no hyperlinks), which just describes the coupon code, and has the code itself.

Here's an example of what my page look like (I scrubbed it of the actual info, just keeps the same style):

http://pastebin.com/raw/zhqe1fLx

Although it's light on content, it has exactly what would be advertised (the coupon code). No extra clicks, no re-directs. The purpose of this ad is to get users to make use of this coupon code.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@theniks Yeah that sounds essentially like what I want, here's the exact layout (with scrubbed data) of my landing page (and only page):

http://pastebin.com/raw/zhqe1fLx

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dustin H
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This landing page is a violation. It has no added value content to users.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Thanks for the clear answer, out of curiosity, what would make this value added content?

Would it be value added if I wrote like a paragraph blog post about why that service is good to use and then included the coupon code in that post?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Here you are:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?