AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sending traffic to amazon.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a client who has his own ecommerce website as well as listing his products on amazon. For him it's a case of getting the most effective market penetration (he also has google shopping listings both through his own platform as well as through proxy via amazon, ebay listings.

I udnerstand that you cannoy use multiple Adwords accounts to promote the same website. It's also best practice for the business owner to have his/her own Adwords account and let the Adwords consultant manage via MCC. 

But do these rules apply to amazon.com? Amazon obviously have their own PPC services, but many retailers also are able to list their items on Amazon. Where do Adwords policies lie with Amazon?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sending traffic to amazon.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
ugghh.. reading this back it reads horribly.

Basically I want to send traffic to an amazon.com page directly because the client sells products through amazon (he does the packing and mailing himself).

Am I allowed to send Adwords clicks to amazon pages or is this against the rules?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

I'm not an expert on this part of the policy, but I believe that what you're proposing is allowed.  In the past there was a rule that affiliate ads (which this probably is) had to have the word "affiliate" in them, or maybe just "aff" as an abbreviation.  I don't know if that's still required.

I suggest going to the AdWords policy center and reading all the pages you can find with the word "Affiliate" in them.  These are probably good starting points:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14844

After you've read them, other forum members who know more about this than I do can probably answer any follow-up questions.

Laura

AdWords review engineer.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

We had previous discussions on affiliates and specifically on Amazon:

These discussions are highly recommended;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’